Part 15

~~Joey's POV~~

"So...what's your big plan?" I asked. All the leaders of the rebellion surrounded a huge table in a cave system on the mountain.

"The plan is simple." Yugi said "We join the Pharaoh's army."

"WHAT!" Ryou, Malik, and Jayden screeched.

"Let me finish!" Yugi said "I will be alone alone the tree line at the base of the mountain." Yugi moved a rock that represented himself on the giant map on the table,

"You all will be disguised as Egyptian soldiers and spread out within his army. I will fire the first arrow at the Pharaoh and that is the signal to attack the Pharaoh's army from the inside. They won't know who to attack or even who's on their side."

"Oh... I get it," I said. "We destroy his army on the inside, out."

Yugi nodded.

"I want all of my troops to get in rags and start heading to the Pharaoh's palace in groups of 1 to 5. It'll look to suspicious if we all go in at once."

~~Atemu's POV~~

"Pharaoh, we're getting more and more recruits for the army. We believe that they are from the villages that were attacked my the white mask."

"I want them to begin training immediately, the faster they train up the faster we can end this war." I said. "Send more guards to the villages to protect them!"

"But Pharaoh the palace-"

"The palace has enough soldiers guarding it. I want more protection for my people."

I got up and walked out of the throne room. I was tired and stressed out to the point were it was hard to think straight. I still haven't found him, or any signs that he left. It's like he just... vanished.

Seto is having the same problem so he agreed to help me in my search, but so far we haven't found anything.

"Mana do you know where Yukiko went?" I asked.

"No... I swear I've met her somewhere before..." she muttered the last part.

"What do you mean you've met her before." Seto said.

"I mean... never mind. It's a stupid thought. I'm sorry to have been a waist of the Pharaoh's time." she bowed and was about to leave but I grabbed her wrist.

"Please answer the question."

Mana sighed "When I was looking into the white mask's eyes... they were amethyst. The same amethyst eyes that Yukiko had..."

"What are you trying to say." Seto snapped. I held him back. "That is all Mana. You can go now."

She bowed and walked away.

"Seto, Yukiko can't be the white mask. He was in the palace the whole time while the white mask was attacking villages."

"Whatever, she was no help. Lets move on." Seto said and stormed in a different direction.

I sighed and just followed. Losing his fiance was taking it's toll on him. 

~~Joey's POV~~

'I needed to avoid Seto at all costs.' I thought as I re-entered the palace gates, just like Yugi ordered me to. If Yugi's plan was going to work he needed to stay back at the village, so that means I'm going alone.

I wasn't dressed up like a girl anymore and I had a hood over my head at all times. I can't risk having anyone recognize me, especially Seto.

I grabbed the sapphire necklace that he gave me. No matter what Yugi said I would always still wear it no matter what.

All I could do now is hope and pray that I didn't run into Seto in the battle field.

~~Yugi's POV~~

I looked out the window of my home that was up in the trees. I could barely see the Pharaoh's palace over the horizon. It looked like a tiny black dot from here.

"Yugi... all of the villagers have packed up and are ready to go at a moments notice." a friend of mine, Yuma said.

I nodded "This is just in case we aren't successful in battle, but I'm confident that my plan will work."

"Hey Yugi... why are you crying?"

I felt my face and was surprised to feel the wet tear streams on my face. "Oh, it's nothing you should be worried about Yuma. Just worry about finding a clear evacuation just in case the Pharaoh starts to burn things down."

"If you say so." Yuma said and climbed down the tree.

I looked back to the palace. When the final battle starts, I will fire an arrow that will pierce the Pharaoh's heart.

~~Atemu's POV~~

The next morning the troops got in position to move out towards the mountains. I was in front of everyone with my strongest men beside me leading the charge.

"Your helmet my Pharaoh." a servant bowed and placed it carefully on my head.

I held up my sword. "Today... we fight back against these rebels!" I shouted and my army cheered behind me as we began our march to the rebel camp.

However on the inside I was terrified.

I took a deep breath and thought of my mysterious lover. 

I would fight for them, even if it cost me my life! I thought to myself confidently and all of the sudden I wasn't scared anymore.