Part 6

"You look like you've had a long day." Seto said.

Atemu sighed and threw himself on his bed as they entered his room. "You have no idea." he muttered. "First day as Pharaoh and I already have a war to deal with. Not to mention all the nobles complaining to me all day about how they don't have enough slaves."

Seto sat down on a chair on the other side of the room. "You know if you got a personal servant, it could make things a little easier."

Atemu's head popped out of the pillow. "I'm listening." he said and laid back onto his bed.

"A personal servant can only be commanded by their master, no one else and from what I've heard it's like having an extra pair of arms." Seto explained. "I'm actually thinking about getting one myself."

"I'll... think about it." Atemu said. "However I tend work better alone."

There was a knock at the door. Atemu groaned "My Ra, Who is it now..."

"Excuse me Pharaoh... but your presence is needed in the throne room." a voice on the on the other side said.

"Come on lazy. If you don't go they'll just keep sending people to come get you." Seto said and stood back up.

"Don't... wanna." Atemu said and rolled over.

"Neither do I, but if I have to go." Seto pushed Atemu off the bed. "You have to go."

Atemu rubbed his head. "Okay, okay I'm up!"

Seto smirked "Works every time."

"You know I am the Pharaoh. You could be a little nicer."

"Yeah but that would just make it boring."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They walked to the throne room and were surprised to see it so full of slaves.

"Whats going on?" Atemu asked.

"These are the new slaves for the palace your highness." a guard bowed. "They need your inspection before they can begin work."

"Seto your helping me."

"Dammit."

They walked down the line of slaves. Atemu yawned 'They could have anyone else do this but no the Pharaoh has to check all of them. I swear I'm surrounded by... idiots.'

Atemu stopped his thoughts when he saw someone that looked just like him. He walked over to her and just stared for a minute.

~YUGI POV~

All of us had to put our head down when the Pharaoh came in. I watched as his feet walked down the row of slaves. Until he was in front of me.

I gulped. 'Why did he stop?'  I wondered. My forehead began to sweat.

"Please look up." his deep voice commanded.

'Was he talking to me?' I asked myself.

"ARE YOU DEAF? THE PHARAOH COMMANDED YOU TO LOOK UP!" a guard yelled and pulled my hair up. I was suddenly looking eye to eye with the Pharaoh.

He was taller than me but other than that we looked almost the same. He had stunning crimson eyes that seemed to stare right into my soul. I shivered feeling a little violated.

I looked over at Joey and saw that he was getting ready attack the guard that pulled my hair up. I mouthed 'no' in his direction and he backed off.

"Is there any specific reason why you look like me?" he asked me with that deep voice that got me nervous.

"N-No... s-sorry if I of-offended you in any way." I stuttered.

"I hope to see you again." he said and I was released from the guards hold. The Pharaoh continued to walk down the row. His shoulders laid back, head up high, he seems very confident person. I might be able to use that to my advantage in battle.

"KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN!" the guard next to me said and hit the back of my head. I quickly looked down at my feet.

"You okay buddy?" Joey asked concerned.

"Other than a pain in my neck, I'm fine." I whispered back to him.

"You know you both could get in trouble by talking to each other." a voice behind Joey said. He jumped and turned around.

"Oh and why would a high-oh-mighty noble care?" Joey said and crossed his arms.

Suddenly I saw the other person smirk. 'Oh no.' I thought. Now Joey might get in trouble.

"Is there a problem my lord?" the guard asked.

"No... I was just having my fun." the mystery person said and walked away.

I sighed in relief. First day here and Joey was already picking fights. 

This will not end well.

~Regular POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You seem rather happy today cousin. Mind explaining." Atemu said as they walked threw the royal gardens.

"Iet's just say, I found myself a challenge." Seto smirk got wider.

"Oh, my I ask who?"

"Do you remember that slave girl I was talking to?" Seto asked.

"You mean the one that looked like she was gonna tear the guard's head off?"

"Yep. She has this fire in her eyes that I find charming." Seto looked down into the pond. He watched as the fish just swam in circles.

Atemu grabbed a stone and threw it across the water. "Well I'm glad you found someone that can keep up with your big mouth."

"That's not funny Atemu."

"Never said it was." Atemu said smiling and picked up another smooth stone. "Who knows maybe she's the one you've been looking for."

Seto sat down in the shade under a tree and looked down at his reflection in the water.

"Maybe..."