Part 9

Joey sighed as she walked aimlessly through the palace. Slaves were given 1 day a week to themselves. At first Joey thought it was some sort of joke because back when Joey and Yugi we're kids, slaves were treated like animals.

Joey still had nightmares of losing his sister just like his mother.

**Flashback**

"Mama! I don't understand!" little Joey cried as he and his sister were dragged away.

"Everything will be okay!" his mother yelled grabbing his hand. "Just stay with your sister and I promise things will get better!" tears streamed down her face.

"Mom!" Serenity called out. She was only about 4 years old at the time and didn't understand what was happening.

"Run! Run as fast as you can!"

"But!"Joey's hand finally gave out and he let go. He remembered everything was on fire and yugi pulling him to keep going. He heard his mother yelling as he ran.

"I love you!" he heard clearly threw the screaming and crying of everyone else around them.

**EndFlashback**

"Hey watch were your going! You almost ran into me!"

Joey snapped out of her thoughts when a guard yelled at him. 'Don't cause a scene.' Joey thought

"S-Sorry. I was just thinking." he said and bowed his head slightly, he tried to walk around the very big guy but the man continued to block his way.

"It's fine. I won't tell anyone if you give me a little something in return~." he said seductively.

Joey's face turned red and he tried to walk the other way but the guard grabbed his shoulder. "Come on. Don't be like that beautiful.~ I'll make it pleasurable for you~" he felt the guards hand start to wander.

Oh hell no. Joey shoved the guard into the wall. The guard just smirked "Oh your one of those girls." he grabbed him again but this time he pinned Joey to the wall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Great. Training today.' Seto thought 'Why do I have to teach these people how to fight. I could think of many ways I could be spending my time.'

"Get off of me you freak!"

That voice... it sounds so familiar. I ran in the direction of the voice and what I saw made my blood boil.

'How dare that low life guard touch her!' I thought angry and was about to intervene but she flipped the guard onto the ground.

It all happened so fast. She grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back.

"You listen and you listen good." she said, her voice got dangerously low. I hid behind a corner to watch this play out,

"If you ever think about touching me again, you won't have to worry about waking up tomorrow." she said and kept twisting his arm.

"I could have you killed for this you bitch!" the guard seethed but that didn't scare her one bit.

"Then I'll kill you now." she wrapped an arm around his neck.

"W-Wait... stop!" he barely gasped out as she started choking him. "Please..."

All of the sudden she let him go all together. "If I so much as see you I'll make sure to finish what I started." she threatened.

The guard quickly got up and ran away. I had to hold back a growl. Guards like that shouldn't be working in the palace.

"I know your hiding there." she turned in my direction.