Part 5

"Yugi this is crazy! You could be killed for Ra's sake!" Joey said as Yugi started packing a bag.

Yugi sighed. He knew Joey would react like this. "Joey, we have no idea what... plans the new Pharaoh has for us."

"That doesn't mean you just go inside the palace unprotected! Your Egypt's number 1 criminal! If the Pharaoh catches you he'll kill you on the spot!"

"It'll be fine Joey. I'll be wearing a disguise." Yugi said and turned around. Joey's concern completely vanished when he saw Yugi wearing... woman's clothing. Joey nearly fell down laughing.

Yugi blushed and folded his arms. "What? If I go as a woman. I won't attract that much attention."

"Or you'll get even more attention." Joey said and poked Yugi's "fake breasts"

Yugi slapped Joey's hand away "Don't touch them. It took me forever to get them in the right position without falling out!"

Joey walked over to the food supply chest and chuckled "If your going to the Pharaoh's palace... I'm not letting you go alone." A couple seconds he turned around with giant cantaloupe(A/N not sure if they even had cantaloupe in Egypt but whatever just roll with it) in his shirt.

Yugi had to cover his mouth to stop himself from laughing. "Joey, you look like a concubine."

"Hey! I take offense to that! Besides it doesn't change the fact that I'm going with you." Joey said stubbornly.

"Joey-"

"No Yugi. You need someone to protect you if you do get figured out."

Yugi sighed and rubbed his temples. "There's no arguing with you is there."

"Nope." Joey said proudly.

"Fine but we need to work on our disguises a little bit before we leave. I have informed Jaden and made made him in charge until we get back."

"You got this whole thing planned out don't-cha."

"Joey I'm a commander. I have to take every precaution in advance. If anything were to happen to us the people are in good hands."

"Yeah, yeah. When are we leaving?"

Yugi chuckled "Right now actually. We don't need any extra supplies. We will be going to the palace as slaves."

"Why slaves?" Joey asked.

"Slaves don't get much attention. All we need to do is lay low and we'll be fine." Yugi explained.

"So in, get the information we need and out. Nothing else."

"Pretty much, and if we run into trouble we get out as soon as possible through a secret tunnel under the palace."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~at the palace~

"Pharaoh PHARAOH!" Mana yelled when she got into the palace. By the time she got back to the palace she was dirty and tired. A guard stopped her before she could go into the throne room.

"The new Pharaoh is in a meeting right now, you'll have to wait-"

"THIS IS IMPORTANT AND NEEDS THE PHARAOH'S ATTENTION IMMEDIATELY!" Mana screamed in the guards face and ran inside.

~~~

"Mana! What is the meaning of this!" Atemu yelled and his council grew silent.

Mana was tired and panting like crazy but was able to get a sentence out. "White mask *pant* destroyed *pant* army. Only one... who survived."

"Someone fetch her some water!" Atemu ordered and continued to listen.

"White mask is the leader of the rebellion... he came out of no where and took us all out with only arrows..."

The council gasped "That's impossible! There's no way a little group of slaves could take out a proud group of Egyptian soldiers!" one of them called out.

"I'm telling the truth!" Mana said "The only way I'm even alive today was because he let me go." she hung her head in shame for her retreat but what else was she suppose to do?

"Did you get a good look at his face?" Atemu asked.

"No... he wore a white masked that covered the top half of his face."

Atemu clenched his fists. "That'll be all Mana. GO and get some well deserved rest."

Mana bowed and walked out of the room.

"Pharaoh, we need some time to train some more soldiers before we face them again. If they are as strong as Mana said we might have to use most of the army to capture them." one of his council men suggested.

"Fine... we'll attack them within the year, but not right now." Atemu said "Everyone's dismissed."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Yugi I don't like how that guard's looking at me." Joey whispered.

Yugi turned around in the line of slaves"Shhh, be quiet Joey. What part of 'don't draw attention' do you not understand?" 

A tall guard walk up to both of them and yelled "NO TALKING YOU TWO. WE'LL BE ARRIVING AT THE PALACE MOMENTARILY!!"

Both of them quickly faced forward and kept marching.

'Well at least we were able to sneak in the line without being caught.' Yugi thought as all of them were walked into the throne room.

'Now all we have to do is lay low.'