Chapter 34

Sean's point of view

"I knew it was a trick. He wouldn't give up that easily. Why did I do that?" I kicked a wall.

"Sean, please, we will find them. We will get them." Kylie touched my shoulder.

"You better, or you will find a new boss." I seethed at her. She cowered away as I stood up.

Tyler

I sat up and almost hit my head on the ceiling.

"Careful, kid." Rob laughed as he passed my bunk.

"Shut up." I jumped down.

"Never." he smiled as I chased him to the kitchen. Dad was sitting on the couch and looked at us like we were crazy.

"I'm not even going to ask." I wasn't looking where I was going and bumped into Austin.

"Watch where you're going, sleepy head." he joke.

"Not in the mood, Carlile." I walked in the kitchen.

"Morning, sweetheart."Chester walked in.

"Morning, Dad." he kissed my forehead.

"Can you get me the Coco Pebbles, please? I can't reach them." I asked.

"Of course, Tyler." he gave me a painful smile.

"What's wrong?"

"What do you mean?" he is in total denial.

"What is the matter? Something is bothering you." he opened his arms and pulled me to him.

"Sean emailed me saying that he will find us. I'm scared for us, Ty. I'm afraid that if he gets you, I failed at being a father."

"You won't. I know you won't." I looked up at him.

"Are you sure?" I nodded.

"I'm sure."