Chapter 22

After dinner, I went to my room.

"Tyler, you in here?"

"Yeah, Dad. Come in." Chester opened the door.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine." he sat next to me.

"I wanted you to have something, I had it when I was your age." he handed me a stuffed dog that looked like a Rottweiler.

"Thanks." I hugged him.

"No problem, kiddo. I love you. Goodnight."

"I love you too. Goodnight." he kissed my cheek and left. Jason came in then.

"Hey, Uncle Jay. What's up?"

"Can I show you something funny?" I nodded. He pulled out a book from the bookshelf in the room. He turned on the light and sat on my bed and opened the book, it was a year book.

"Here is Mike in 1986." I looked at the picture, he looked like I dork. He had glasses and everything.

"Well, what do you think?" he laughed.

"My dad looks hilarious!" I shouted. Jason put his hand on my mouth.

"Shh. Someone's coming." right on cue, Brad walked in.

"What are you shouting about?"

"This." Jason showed him the picture.

"I see. Now could you leave, so I can go to sleep?"

"Ok. Night." Jason walked out. Brad laid next to me on the bed and I curled up next to him.

"Hey, Braddles." I put my head on his chest.

"I love you. You know that right?" he stroked my hair.

"I know. I love you too." I smiled up at him. We fell asleep listening to each other's heartbeat.