Chapter 8

Chester's point of view

Today is Tyler's birthday. I walked to her room, she wasn't there. She is probably with Brad. I picked out her outfit and then I made eggs for breakfast. When I was done, I went to Brad's room, Tyler was lying next to him. I feared they wouldn't get along, but they are best friends and like siblings.

I got a bucket of cold water and dumped it on them. Tyler sat up.

"Dad!" she screamed.

"Tyler!" I screamed back. She chased me around the house when I thought I lost her, I stopped to breathe, and that's when I felt someone hug me. I turned; Tyler had an evil grin on her face.

"Happy birthday," I told her. She hugged me again, getting my shirt wetter. We went to the kitchen so we could eat. I put the food on plates and saw Brad sneak up on Tyler. I didn't say anything, I heard Brad laugh in satisfaction as Tyler screamed,

"Brad, you scared me." he kissed her cheek.

"Sorry, kid." he smiled and took a plate.

"Whatever." She finished her food and sat in the living room.

"Tyler?" Brad sat next to her.

"What, Braddles?" She asked.

"Can you do my hair, please, birthday girl?" She looked at him.

"What do I get in return?" a smirk crawled on his face.

"I'll have to talk to your dad about that." She came back with the hair supplies.

"It better be good." She said as she combed through his hair.

"Morning, birthday girl." everyone came down.

"I'm going to go change."

"I'm going too." Brad left with Tyler.