Chapter 19

Tyler

I went to my room and cried, I was so scared. A little later, Brad came in.

"Hey, everyone is going to look for Chester, I'm staying here with you." he sat next to me. I wrapped my arms around him and sobbed in his chest.

"I lost one of the only family I had." I said.

"Shh. Tyler, they will find him. Just wait." he rubbed my back.

Around half an hour later, everyone came back, I hugged Chester like there was no tomorrow.

"I missed you too, kiddo. We have to go pack, we have to leave." I ran back to my room and shoved my stuff in bags. I put my guitar and bass around me and put everything in the car.

"Is that all?" Mike asked.

"Yeah." I got in the backseat with Brad.

"Dad, where are we going?"

"We are going to my brother's. His name is Jason."

"Ok." I leaned on Brad. Now I was more scared than ever. Chester looked at me and held my hand.

"Everything will be alright, darling. Just trust us." I nodded and looked out the window as we left Arizona.

------------

We finally made it to Springdale, Utah. Dad pulled up to a house, Phoenix pulled up behind him. My dads held my hand as we walked to the porch. Dad knocked on the door.

"Mikey, it's good to see you, bro." a man hugged him.

"Jason, meet my daughter, Tyler. Tyler, this is my brother, Jason."

"Hi." I said and leaned into Chester.

"It's OK, Ty." Brad gave me a reassuring smile. We walked into his house. I stayed close to Mike. Jason gave him a confused look.

"She is a little shy, and scared at the recent events," he explained and squeezed my hand.

"Phoenix, why don't you show Tyler her room? Jason, Chester, and I have to talk." he kissed my forehead before I followed Phi to a room.

"We will get your stuff in a little bit." I hugged him, he hugged me back. I started crying.

"I know you're scared, we all are. But, Tyler, you have to stay strong for us. Chester needs to see you strong." he said.

"Ok. I love you, bro."

"I love you too, sis." he kissed my forehead and left. I sat on the bed with black sheets. I plugged my earbuds in my ears and listened to Darker Than Blood by Steve Aoki. The techno music filled my ears as I relaxed and forgot all my problems until Mike's voice snapped me back to reality.

"Tyler."

"Yeah?" I took out one earbud so I could hear him.

"We are going out to eat. Let's go." he held his hand out. I grabbed it and stood up.

"What are you listening to?" he asked.

"Since yesterday, I've been listening to Darker Than Blood on repeat." he smiled.

"Steve and I had a great time making that video." we got in Jason's car. He and Mike were in the front, the rest of us in the back seats.

"How old are you Tyler?" Jason looked in his rearview mirror.

"18."

"How is it, living with 6 mega dorks?" I giggled.

"I am not a dork," Dad said, insulted.

"You are too. And it is awesome, even though there are some ups and downs." I looked at Chester. He smiled back. The rest of the way was silent.