Chapter 31

"Tyler, come on. It's time for our sound check." Brad told me.

"Ok. I'm coming." I hopped in his back and we went to the arena. First Rise Against did theirs, then Of Mice & Men, and last was Linkin Park.

It was about half an hour until the concert starts and I was hanging out with Austin and Alan.

"You want to get ice cream before we have to go on?" Aaron asked.

"Duh. How could I say no to ice cream?"

"Just asking. Let's go." we went on the bus and I raided through their fridge.

"Rocky Road, cookies and cream, or birthday cake?" I listed the flavors. We all chose the rocky road. We took the ice cream tub back to the dressing room.

"What are you doing?" Chester came in.

"Eating ice cream. Got a problem, Chester?"

"No. You guys go on in 10 though." he laughed.

"Ok." they got ready and left.

"You having fun, darling?"

"Yeah. The time of my life, Dad."

"Do you want to sing with us on stage?" I nodded. He smiled,

"Alright. Well, let's go to our dressing room. Brad wants to hang out with you."

"Ok." he carried me over his shoulder to the dressing room.

"Hey, guys." I grinned at them as Chester put me down. The guys smiled at me and I sat next to Brad.

"Hey, honey."

"Hey, Brad." I kissed his cheek. Chester started doing his weird vocals and Rob was beating on the nearby table. I watched them get ready and then a guy came in and said,

"You guys are on." I followed them until they reached the stage.

"I'll call out for you to come on, alright?"

"Ok." I hugged them and they ran on the stage.

"Hello, L.A.!" They screamed. They played One Step Closer, Papercut, Rebellion, Nobody's Listening, and Bleed It Out before Daddy called me on stage.

"Alright, I want you guys to scream as loud as you can for me and Mike's daughter, Tyler!" I ran on stage and hugged my sweaty father.

"You are going to rap Hands Held High with Dad, ok?" Chester said in my ear.

"Okie dokie." I smiled and got handed a mic. I walked over to Dad, he had his guitar and he was with Joe.

We did the song and he told me,

"We are now going to do Iridescent." he went behind the D.J. station and started the piano intro.

Why is it that every time I hear this song I get tears? I thought to myself.