Chapter 23

I woke up, Brad wasn't with me. I heard him and Phoenix arguing downstairs. I changed and went to see what was going on.

"..... What did I tell you? You put too much milk in it!" Phi yelled.

"Put too much milk in what?" I walked in.

"Brad was trying to make pancakes. But epic fail."

"What? Not my fault I can't cook."

"Really, it is. You should've learned." I smiled.

"Yeah. Yeah. Whatever." Brad rolled his eyes at me.

"If you're going to be like that then, I'm going to Dad's room." I said.

"Sleep well." Phoenix knew that I was still tired. I opened the door to my Dads' room, they were both asleep and there was a space between them. I crawled there and layed my head down on Dad's arm. Chester rolled over so he was facing me and opened one eye.

"What are you doing in here?" he joked.

"Brad and Phoenix are trying to make breakfast and I'm still tired."

"Oh. I can understand that." we were talking when Dad was whispering in his sleep,

"I don't need their blessing now. I don't need their invitation." I giggled at him.

"What?" Chester looked confused.

"Dad has started to make a Fort Minor demo single called Welcome. He was just singing part of the chorus."

"Haha. I remember, both of us used to sing and rap in our sleep."

"You still do."

"Oh yeah." he smiled and pulled me close.

"I love you, Dad."

"I love you too, Tyler." he kissed my hair. Finally, Dad woke up. When he opened his eyes, I pounced on him.

"Tyler. Not now." he groaned.

"Good morning to you too. I'll be downstairs." I walked into the kitchen, and Rob was there, hitting Brad and Phoenix with a dish rag.

"Will you quit hitting and start cooking? I'm hungry."

"No." Rob laughed.

"Fine." I slapped his arm and moved in front of them and started to finish making the pancakes.

"Thank you, Tyler." Brad kissed my cheek.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes.