66-Madden madness

"You know what I fancy doing?" Richard suddenly interrupts our peaceful coffee drinking.
"Having a makeover to look like me?" Matt suggests casually.
"That's high up there but no," Richard smirks.
"So are you going to tell us or not?" Lily asks sarcastically.
"Maybe..." Richard says.
"Richard just bloody tell us," I put my head in my hands.
"Chill," he says slowly.
"I don't even want to know anymore," Matt mutters.
"I really want to dive off the top board at a swimming pool," he finally says.
"Okay then," I say.
"Can we go swimming?" He asks in a boyish manner.
"Yeah okay. Guys you coming?" I ask the other two.
"Erm probelmo Matt and I still haven't finished reversals..." Lily reminds us.
"Well then Coleman. Looks like it's a fun afternoon with me for you," Richard smiles almost evilly.
"Oh lord, please save me," I look at Matt and Lily.
"Come on. There's no time to waste," Richard grabs my upper arm and practically drags me out the cafe. Meanwhile I'm mouthing 'save me' to Matt and Lily.

"Erm Mr Madden did it occur to you that I haven't got anything I need?" I ask while we're in the taxi.
"Oh whoops!" He grins,"Hi sorry can we please go somewhere else first," Richard asks the taxi driver.
While he's giving directions i rest my head on the window pane and think about what I'm doing... I'm spending one of my few days off with my ex going swimming instead of watching my boyfriend rehearse. Sometimes I wonder if I ever think things through. Well at least this should be fun.

*

I swim up and down the lanes having a relaxing time. Whilst doing backstroke I decide to close my eyes and just swim. I actually love swimming. It's so relaxing and calm. I'm not specifically good but I can swim. That's not the case with Richard. He's been diving off the bouncy diving boards for about twenty minutes and then swimming expert front crawl and then 'practicing' his perfect butterfly across the pool. Turns out Richard used to do swimming competitively. I never knew that. Guess you do learn something new everyday.
My head bashes into the side and I jolt my eyes open.
"Owww!" I moan rubbing my head. Richard shallowly dives into the pool I'm in. Purposely splashing me. He surfaces and then swims over to me.
"Come on let's dive off the big one,"
"No Richard you go do that. I'm shit at diving."
"Come on its for fun!" He grins already climbing out the pool and walking back over to the diving pool.
"No!" I shake my head.
"I dare you," he shouts over his shoulder.
"No,"
"You won't hear the end of this if you don't." He threatens.
"Oh shut up already," I moan about to start on another lap.
"Not until you-"
But I cut him off,"Fine!"

I climb out of the pool shivering slightly and then walk over to where he is climbing up the ladder that leads to the top diving board.
"Richard I can't even dive!" I shout up to him.
"You can learn," he shouts back, already halfway up.
"I am going to regret this..." I mutter to myself.
"Come on Coleman, what are you afraid of?" He taunts and I finally start to climb the ladder.
"Please can they just get a lift up here. That was tiring," I moan as soon as I finally reach the top.
"It wasn't that far?!" Richard chuckles.
"It was!" I protest and then glance down, "Shit that's far down,"
Richard just laughs.
"I might just climb back down," I say making my way back over to the ladder.
"Get back here or I'll push you," Richard laughs latching onto my arm and pulling me back to the edge.
"Let's go together on three, just try not to belly flop" he says.
"Wait! On three or after three?" I ask.
"After. One, two-"
But I don't hear the end of that sentence because he's already pushed me over the edge. I try to flip myself into ra diving kind of shape just before I hit the water. Luckily I managed not to bellyflop and kind of flipped in the water, resulting in my nose going all bubbly.
I'm just surfacing when another wave of water splashes over me.
"RICHARD!" I shout even though he won't be able to hear me.
"Jenna," he remarks popping his head out the water.
"If I were a murderer I would kill you,"
"You really are too kind," he jokes,"shall we have another go?"
"No I'm going to the cafe," I tell him grumpily and climb out of the pool in a strop.
"One more dive and I'll join you," he said brushing my arm briskly as he walks past.
"Well I'll start getting changed because I'll take longer," I say excusing myself and going to get changed.

*

"Oh god, chocolate tastes so good after that!" I exclaim.
"No you don't know true love until you've had salt and vinegar crisps after swimming," he replies.
"Okay one sec," I shove my hand in his face to indicate I am going to try it but right now I'm drinking some water.
"Thanks for that," he mutters sarcastically.
"Okay gimme," I say after finishing and removing my hand from his face. He chucks a bag of crisps at me. I open the packet and delicately eat one, savoring the taste.
"Oh god that's good,"
"I know,"
"Guess who?" Matt says covering my eyes with his hands.
"Hard one," I say.
"It's me!" He exclaims.
"Yeah I got that part," I say spinning my swivelly chair round and attaching our lips.
Richard coughs awkwardly after a few seconds. I jerk away and turn back to him.
"Matt where's my girlfriend?" He asks.
"Getting excited over the vending machine," Matt replies while absent mindedly fiddling with my hair.
"She's such a kid," he remarks smiling gently. The little things that make people love each other are so cute. I love how someone sees something in you that may be weird or something you might hate.
"Let's go get her then," I say jumping out my chair and walking along feeling like a six year old with my 'swimming backpack' on my back.
"Lily!" Richard grins as he engulfs her in a hug.
"Well hey there," she smiles.
"Do you guys wanna have a movie night at ours?" Richard asks.
I look up at Matt and he nods.
"Sure," I say.

It's been almost a month. It feels like years. But I'd like to thank whoufflefan97  who's story I'm obsessed with who's inspired me to continue writing this. But I will write another chapter now or at least try to. Also please can we admire my great title?