34-Karen and the Babes

*Karen's POV*

I flick Arthur's head and then look down at my nail as he turns around.
"Did you want something oh love of my life?"
"Indeed I did not so oh love of my life" I reply in the same way.
"Well then good day." Arthur stands up and walks away. I laugh and pout at him.
"Come on you two everything's ready now!" Jane the director of the shoot informs us. We walk on set and I'm instructed to sit on the stool. So I do. Arthur stands behind me as I sit up, pretending to be posh. He rests one hand on my shoulder and the other behind his back.
"Nice one!" Jane comments. I cross my legs and point off set. Arthur plays along and brings a hand up to his mouth looking in the same direction.
"Lovely!" Jane notes again. Arthur lightly pushes me off the stool and sits on it with his legs open and his head resting on his hands. I stand behind him and mess up his hair.

Our shoot carries on like this for ages and it goes really well. Finally Jane decides that we're done and Arthur and I stroll through the car park to the car.
"Fancy a Starbucks?" Arthur suggests.
"Hell yes!" I reply.
"Well that's settled."
"Shall we get Matt and Jen one too?"
"Hmmm, well Jenna's ill so probably not."
"Okay, let's hit the road!"
"Hit the road jack and don't you come back-" he sings in a low voice.
"No more, no more, no more, no more." I harmonize.
"Hit the road jack and don't you come back no more." We finish.
"Do you remember Karen and the babes?" I gasp.
"Yessss!"
"Shall we get Matt to perform a rendition with us tonight?"
"Yeah." Arthur replies now sleepy.
"Right, you need that coffee. Come on." I drag him to the car.

"WE'RE HOME!!!!" I shout as I open the door and tumble in. Richard and Lily are sitting with Matt and Jenna and they're all laughing at something.
"Hi Kaz!" Richard greets me.
"Hello!" I return.
"How are the Ponds?" Matt inquires jokingly.
"Oh shut your face Matt!" I laugh at him. Arthur, now high on coffee, lunges through the door. Instantly Matt and I spring up and I slide under Arthur's leg. Matt bounces up to us and puts his arms through Arthur's and his leg over my back. We collapse in a giggling heap. Wow, we used to have the best times on set.
"The Darvill and I have an idea." I address Matt.
"Would you care to elaborate?" He mocks me.
"KAREN AND THE BABES WILL RISE ONCE AGAIN!!!!!" Arthur shouts. I burst out laughing and collapse into Arthur's arms. He is so high! Matt laughs too and we all temporarily forget everyone else in the room. The happy silence is broken when Jenna coughs, she shudders in pain and Matt rushes over to make sure she's okay. Jenna nods and Matt kisses her on the forehead before settling down next to her. As Jenna relaxes back onto Matt's chest, Arthur and I squeeze in next to Richard and Lily on the other sofa.
"Awww, you two are so cute." I tell Matt and Jenna. They smile, well Matt does and Jenna sort of slightly curls the corners of her lips.
"You can talk- you two ponds over there. And look it's Cinderella and Prince Charming too!" Matt replies. I laugh along with Richard and Lily. Arthur pauses and then when we've all stopped laughing he loudly starts to laugh.
"I am officially never giving you caffeine again Arthur!"
"Oh that won't happen." He grins and suddenly kisses me. This is one of the reasons I love Arthur so much. My favourite thing is probably his spontaneous nature and changeable personality. Gently I push his face away, "Now Mr Darvill, we have company so please restrain yourself from appreciating my full beauty." I add so much sarcasm in my voice that even Arthur high on caffeine can understand.
"Oh okay then." He looks sad, so I quickly kiss him then cover his mouth and smile.
"That's all your getting." I laugh as he pouts.
"Get a room!" Matt shouts at us.
"You can hardly talk!" I reply back.
"Anyway, Darvill and I have a plan to fill up your evening with entertainment! We are all on a be performing in a talent show!" I announce.
"Oooh." Richard pushes Lily's hair behind her shoulder and she smiles, "Go ahead!"
"Jenna you aren't doing anything because you are ill."
"Ok good." She smiles at the prospect of a whole show of us lot fooling around.
"Actually Jenna can you do sound?"
"Yeah, well I can try..."
"That's good enough." I reply.
I stand up and grab Arthur to make him push the coffee table to the left.
"Who's gonna go first?" Matt asks.
"I don't know. How about we start with an amazing opening performance from Karen and the babes?"
"Sure! Come on Darvill." Matt agrees. Arthur, Matt and I all stand up an go stand in the middle.
"Right Arthur you do bass and melody. Kaz you do vocals and I'll do treble and back up vocals. Just go with the flow. Sing anything Kaz, we'll go with it." Matt whispers as we make a team huddle. Arthur staffs by making low ahh noises Matt adds some random melodies in and I start singing these lyrics-
Karen and the babes are back
Rocking the ill living room out
Ill living room (Matt echoes)
We've got Arthur on the bass
On the bass
We got Matt on the backup
On the backup
We got Kaz on the vocals
On the vocals
Oooh we're striving
Striving
And we're thriving
Thriving
Can't help but strive and thrive
Strive and thrive
Oh what a life
What a life
And we hope you enjoy the show
Enjoy the show!

Matt and I finish on a high note, Arthur on a low note.
"WOOOOO!" Lily and Richard cheer. Jenna smiles and claps loudly.
"Thank you, thank you very much!" Arthur mumbles in a rock star voice. I flop onto the sofa and stare at Richard.
"Well Prince Charming, looks like your next!" I wink at him.
"Okay, well I have many skills... Which one do you wanna see?"
"I think that you should do some martial arts man" Matt jokes.
"What like game of thrones violent fighting?" Richard laughs.
"Yeah with Lily against you!" I suggest.
"Okay!" She smiles.
"Do you have any sticks?"
"No! What do you think we have in our house?" I sarcastically reply.
"Oh I don't know?" Richard matches the sarcastic Scottish tone.
"Mime them," I suggest," I mean it's not like you two are good actors or anything?"
"Oh shut up!" He laughs. They start their performance and keep us all entertained for a bit.
"I do have to admit," Jenna giggles at the end of their performance (she's finally starting to feel better)," there is a lack of variety."
"Yeah, we only have five performers..." Arthur moans.
"Shut your face. loved one," I mock Arthur.
"Oooh I have an idea!" Matt jumps up.
"Calm down!" I laugh at him.
"Jenna and I made a fake documentary yesterday, that can be another sort of act?!" He picks up his phone of the table and connects it to Apple TV. I shuffle closer to Arthur and relax before the video starts.

We watch this really funny video of Matt and Jenna walking through St James park with Matt filming some weird documentary to annoy Jenna. By the end of the video, they're lying on the grass kissing.
"You two!"I exclaim jokingly. Matt grins and Jenna blushes and looks at the ground.
"Well," Arthur announces as he looks at the clock," I'm tired, so I'm gonna head to bed now."
"Yeah we better be off." Lily admits and stands up. We say goodbye to Lily and Richard before I go and grab a slice of bread and butter to eat.
"What? I'm hungry!" I address Matt who's giving me a weird look.
"Right, honey you need sleep so let's head to bed." He tells Jenna.
"Uh huh," Jenna nods and is supported by Matt as they walk into their bedroom.
"NIGHT KAZ! NIGHT DARVILL!" Matt shouts at us.
"NIGHT SMITHY! NIGHT JEN!" I shout back before lumbering off into our bedroom.