Chapter 23: Show Off

{Your POV}

"You get to perform your new song at the VMA'S!" Scooter opened his arms and we all ran towards him. "Group hug!" Bea shouted and we all huddled together.

"Alright that's enough. Now let's get back to work. Y/N you've literally got two hours left to practice. So today the stage is yours!" Scooter patted my back and I smiled. He got out of the building and I hugged Lauren.

"You've topped the charts and now you're going to perform! I'm so proud of you." Lauren gave me a quick kiss and I smiled.

"I have to go practice." I pecked her lips before running on stage. I sung my heart out and played my guitar, for some strange reason I wasn't nervous at all. I had this new found confidence that reassured me I'd be fine. I felt the sweat drip down my face so I walked off stage and ran into my dressing room.

"You were amazing out there! I can't wait to see you perform live." Shay sat back in the couch and I laughed lightly.

"I'm going to get ready for the show." I jumped into the shower and when I got out there was a group of people waiting for me. I sat down in the chair and let them fix my hair and do my make-up.

"You've got one minute!" Shay yelled out and I got up from the chair. I slowly walked towards the stage and waited for my name to be called.

"And now the super talented Y/N Y/LN will be performing her new hit single, Should've Been Us!" I walked on stage with my guitar. I did a little shake and I felt my confidence take over, soon enough a kick of adrenaline rushed in and I started strumming the chords on my guitar.

Walk around with my head down
But I can't hide with these high heels on
Downtown in the thick crowd
But it's just you that my mind is on
Dressed up, got my heart messed up
You got yours and I got mine
It's unfair that I still care
And I wonder where you are tonight

Thinkin it could be different, maybe we missed it
It could, it could

It should've been us
Should've been a fire, should've been the perfect storm
It should've been us
Could've been the real thing, now we'll never know for sure
We were crazy, but amazing
Baby, we both know
It should've been us, us
It, it, it should've been us

Back and forth like a tug o' war
What's it all for? Do I want it back?
Still got a little flame for ya
Even though you drove me mad
Now and then, I pretend
That it's you when I close my eyes
You got yours, I got mine
But I wonder where you are tonight

It should've been us
Should've been a fire, should've been the perfect storm
It should've been us
Could've been the real thing, now we'll never know for sure
We were crazy, but amazing
Baby, we both know
It should've been us, us
It, it, it should've been us

Oh oh oh-oh
It should've been us
Oh oh oh-oh, oh oh oh-oh

Thinkin it could be different, maybe we missed it
It could, it could

It should've been us
Should've been a fire, should've been the perfect storm
It should've been us
Could've been the real thing, now we'll never know for sure
We were crazy, but amazing
Baby, we both know
It should've been us, us
It, it, it should've been us

Oh oh oh-oh
It should've been us

"Thank you Video Music Awards!" I smiled widely and savored the moment. My eyes locked with Lauren's and she blew me a kiss. I walked off stage and Lauren ran towards me. She leaped into my arms and I spun her around.

"Kissing you is what I always look forward to after my performances." I pecked Lauren's lips and she sat me down besides her. We watched everybody perform and after the show, we went to the after party. Shay of course was being over protective but once Ally talked to her, she let loose a little bit. Carly and Bea were in the corner of the room talking and Camila was with Shawn. Dinah and Normani on the other hand were too busy hitting on other celebrities. I of course decided to celebrate by dancing with Lauren and having a few too many drinks.

"It's been three hours and you are already a mess. Let's get you home." Shay put her arm around my waist and we all walked out of the club. We got into the limo and I rested my head on Shay's shoulder.

"I love you, you know that right? You're the best mom ever! I guess I should say that you and Ally are the best moms ever but that sounds weird." I nuzzled my head into the crook of her neck. Shay groaned and I chuckled. "We're here, get out!" I clumsily got out of the car and Lauren helped me inside our house.

"I want a kiss!" Lauren shouted and I grimaced. "No! Leave me alone!" I yelled out but Lauren leaned in to kiss me. I smiled and put my hand in her face. We both fell to the floor and I couldn't help but smile. Lauren started laughing with me and I could feel my stomach start to hurt from how hard I had been laughing. I propped myself on my elbows and Lauren stood up. She put her hand out and instead of letting her help me up, I pulled her to the ground. Lauren fell ontop of me and our foreheads bumped into each other. Lauren groaned and brought her hand up to her forehead.

"I'll make it feel better!" I kissed Lauren's forehead and she smiled. We both got up from the floor and Lauren kissed my cheek.

"Whenever you're drunk, you turn into a little kid. You're so adorable." Lauren and I cautiously walked up the stairs, making sure not to miss one step. Once we made it to the top of the stairs we raced to the room and jumped in bed. Lauren slowly leaned in to kiss me, the anticipation was killing me but I didn't want to give in so I waited for her to close the gap between us. Our lips finally touched but my phone ruined the moment.

"Don't answer it." Lauren whispered but I looked down at my phone.

"It's Simon." I answered the call and put him on speaker. "Hey Simon what's up?" I could hear him shuffle around. He sighed and I started getting anxious.

"I've been thinking about it lately and I want you to own Syco and Epic records."