Chapter 13: Giving You A Sign

Your POV
Carly and I were watching Fifth Harmony perform on stage. I of course hid behind Carly and tried to avoid being seen by Lauren.

"Unfortunately y/n got sick and she couldn't make it so we're going to cover a few of her songs." Lauren said and the crowd cheered. I smiled and watched them each cover one of my songs. Lauren chose to perform Upside Down, Ally covered Eyelashes and sung better than I have ever had,last but not least Camila covered Unbreakable Smile and she changed the song up a bit so it could match her voice. I completely stared at Lauren throughout their whole performance and luckily she didn't notice that I had escaped my room. Now it was Carly's turn to go on stage but she was nice enough to give me some of her stage time. We both walked on stage and Carly sat at the piano, I grabbed the microphone and waved at some fans.

"I am sick, so sorry if I look like crap. I didn't want to leave you guys hanging, after all you did pay for a show and it's only fair if I make an appearance. So tonight, we're going to take things slow and I'll be doing a quick cover before Lauren pulls me off stage. Just for tonight, I want to sing to you directly without a microphone but I need you all to be as quiet as possible. Can you please do that for me?" I asked and I got a few nods. I put my finger on my lips signaling for them to quiet down which only took a few seconds. I sat down on the edge of the stage and signaled Carly to start playing. I closed my eyes and started to sing as loud as I could and for once, I could hear my voice.

We're driving slow through the snow on 5th Avenue
And right now radio's all that we can hear
Now we ain't talked since we left it's so overdue
It's cold outside but between us it's worse in here

The world, slows down
But my heart, beats fast right now
I know, this is, the part
Where the end starts

I can't take it any longer
Thought that we were stronger
All we do is linger
Slipping through my fingers

I don't wanna try now
All that's left's goodbye to
Find a way that I can tell you

I hate this part right here
I just can't take your tears
I hate this part right here

Everyday, 7 takes of the same old scene
Seems we're bound by the laws of the same routine
Gotta talk to you now 'fore we go to sleep
But will we sleep once I tell you what's hurting me?

The world, slows down
But my heart, beats fast right now
I know this is the part
Where the end starts

I can't take it any longer
Thought that we were stronger
All we do is linger
Slipping through my fingers

I don't wanna try now
All that's left's goodbye to
Find a way that I can tell you

I hate this part right here
I just can't take your tears
I hate this part right here

I know you'll ask me to hold on
And carry on like nothing's wrong
But there is no more time for lies
'Cause I see sunset in your eyes

I can't take it any longer
Thought that we were stronger
All we do is linger
Slipping through my fingers

I don't wanna try now
All that's left's goodbye to
Find a way that I can tell you

That I gotta do it, I gotta do it
I gotta do it, I hate this part
I gotta do it, I gotta do it, I gotta do it, Oh

I hate this part right here
I just can't take these tears
I hate this part right here

The song was me trying to give Lauren a clue of what was going to happen. I just wanted to let her know that I loved her and I had no choice but to let her go.
I didn't notice I was crying until Carly sat beside me and wiped the tears from my face. I wiped my eyes and stood up.

"Thank you for listening, I love you all. Now let's end the show with Ms.Carly Rose Soneclar!" I tried to sound happy and I'm guessing it worked because the crowd cheered and started throwing stuffed animals on stage. I laughed lightly and caught a teddy bear that was thrown right at me. I hugged the bear and walked off stage, running into an angry Lauren.

"You said you'd stay in bed! Y/N you're going to get even more sick, what were you thinking?" Lauren scolded, she crossed her arms and waited for me to explain myself.

"I love you." I said as I wrapped my arms around her. Lauren unfolded her arms and hugged me back.

"I love you too but you can be so careless at times. I just hope you get better by tomorrow." Lauren said softly, I closed my eyes and pulled her closer to me. We stayed like that for a few minutes until Lauren pulled away from the embrace.

"We should go back to the hotel, it's getting chilly." Lauren was shivering so I took off my hoodie and handed it to her. She kissed my cheek and we both walked back to the hotel since it was only a ten minute walk. I opened the room door and hopped into the bed. I sat down and Lauren sat across from me, she took out her phone and pointed it at me. I covered my face but that didn't stop Lauren from taking a few pictures. I turned around and quickly took out my camera which I pointed at her. We both took pictures of each other and after a few seconds I put my camera down and took Lauren's phone out of her hands. I pointed the camera towards us and I smashed my lips onto hers. I quickly snapped a picture and handed Lauren, her phone back.

"Check your instagram." Lauren said and I grabbed my phone from the counter. Lauren had tagged me in the picture with the caption below that said,
"Y/N is the love of my life. Every time she kisses me, she takes my breath away.
@Y/I/N (Your instagram name) Promise me we won't ever be apart." I smiled at Lauren and gave her a quick kiss.

"I can't promise you that we won't ever be apart but if we do part, just know that you'll always have a place in my heart." Lauren smiled at my words and she kissed me passionately. That one kiss turned into a heated make out session but Lauren stopped for a moment.

"Y/N, I want to do this tonight." Lauren said and I gulped. We couldn't do this, I couldn't do this with her. I'd look like a total douche if I slept with her and then broke her heart a few days later.

"Lauren, I want to take the next step in our relationship but just not today. I want our first time to be special, I don't want it to be in a random ass hotel." I got off of Lauren and laid down beside her. She turned to me and kissed my cheek.

"You're right. I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer." Lauren put her head on my chest and I played with her hair. She closed her eyes and fell asleep a few minutes later.

"Awww, my baby must've been tired after the show." I cooed. Lauren stirred awake and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"Goodnight." Lauren stated simply and I wrapped my arm around her.

"Goodnight my love. My one and only, my everything, my green eyed beauty, the love of my-" Lauren groaned and placed her hand over my mouth. I smiled and she pulled me close to her. I kissed the top of her head and watched her as she drifted off to sleep.

-------------------------
A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Hopefully I'll be able to update three times a week since I've finally balanced everything out.