Chapter three: He Can Stay

Börja om från början

I allowed my gaze to stay on the sleeping form, he looks so... Peaceful... I blinked, watching his sides heave up and down in a slow motion; he was truly sleeping. I slightly tensed, watching the, now normal, Husky trot up to Jeff's side; a frown played across his muzzle.

"Though, I do think I injured Jeff..." Smiles whined, sitting on his haunches with lowered ears, "This is by far, the longest time that I've ever seen him down."

"What time is it?" I questioned quietly, looking outside, only to see the sun was already up.

"Ten-forty..." Nyra replied, leaning closer to me and whispering, "I put pants on you while you were out."

Shit, I need to pick up Leon... Nodding my thanks to my best friend, I attempted to get up; only to have a tidal wave of dizziness hit my head like a brick. I hissed, clutching my head in nausea; feeling my stomach turn upside down.

"I would take it easy for a while..." I glanced over at Smiles to see him staring back, "Your brain still might be processing our existence."

I nodded, plopping back onto the couch with a sigh. Looking over at Nyra, I nudged her arm in attempt to capture her attention; she turned to me with a raised brow.

"Can you pick Leon up for me?" I spoke softly, slicing through the deathly silence, "He's at Allen's house."

"Erm... I don't feel comfortable leaving you with... Them," Nyra tilted her head towards Masky, "Plus, having a seven year old near a bunch of psychotic people isn't such a wonderful idea."

Every word that came flowing out of her mouth was true; it wasn't safe to have a seven year old next to psychopaths. Especially near Jeff. If he ever touched my little brother, I'd be the first one to be feared by him, I thought with slight amusement, looking back over to his stirring form.

"Mother of fuck..." Jeff sat up slowly, covering his face for a second, before glaring at Masky and Smile Dog, "Bastards... What'd you two fuckfaces do to me? Beat me with a train?"

"You attacked me first. I do believe I have the right to defend myself," Masky replied coolly.

"Shut the hell up!" Jeff snarled, soon clutching his head with a groan.

"Now, Jeffery... Don't yell, you'll startle the girls," Smiles snickered, throwing Nyra and me an amused glance, "Don't you just adore his temper tantrums?"

"I, for one, think it's scary as fuck!" Nyra growled, looking over at Masky, "He's awake, now leave."

"He's not well enough to travel yet. Maybe a day or two-" Smiles started, soon interrupted by a screaming Nyra.

"No way in fuck, am I letting him stay in my house!" She snarled, pointing at a bored looking Jeff.

"Nyra..." I cleared my throat, placing a hand on her shoulder, "It's my house..."

"In her house!" The brunet exclaimed, correcting herself.

I rolled my eyes as Nyra started to bicker with Smiles. Does she realize that he could make her live her worst nightmare? I glanced over at Jeff, catching his stare. I only stared back, blinking at him.

Nyra is going to kill me for this...

Jeff's POV:

"He can stay..." I had to control my features, as to not show surprise upon hearing the raven-haired girl's words.

"Are you insane?!" I couldn't help but glare at the frustrated brunet, "Alyx, he's a fucking psychopath! Damn it!"

"I know," Alyx replied, taking her eyes off me and looking at her friend, "It would only be for a day or two, though."