Howie imagine- In love with my best friend

You and Howie had been friends since 8th grade, It was amazing to see him skyrocket to fame like that. Around 1997.. You, well you started liking Howie everyone other than him noticed.

AJ would randomly start winking at you and get touchy with Howie when you were around, Kev, Nick and Brian would try to get you to make a move with him, You'd reject each time cuz you dont wanna ruin the friendship by going to fast.

It had been a month since the guys *other than Howie* discovered that you had developed a crush on him, Backstreet was now getting tired of this and wanted Howie to know that you liked him.

From hinting stuff to leaving you two alone in a room they, tried everything. Nothing worked.

The boys were tired, They didnt know what to do.

One day, It was kinda late and you had to go back home, This was after the video for 'I want it that way' was released as you were leaving for home, You said bye to Howie, and... Hugged him.

The hug was a little awkward now that you'd developed feelings for him. After saying goodbye you ran off. Howie scratched the back of his head as AJ face palmed.

"Hey guys, Do you think she's acting a little different or is it just weird?"
"What do you think Howard?", AJ asked sarcastically.
"I-Think its the fact that i kinda love her now.. Im not sure if she loves me back tho...", Howie replied innocently, not knowing the truth.

AJ's jaw dropped as Kevin yelled, "She loves you too bro!!",
"Wait-what how do you know?", Howie was in utter disbelief.
"Thats what we've been trying to tell you!!!!", Nick said laughing at his bandmate.
"What are you standing there for!!! Get here before she leaves!!!!!", Brian stood up and pushed Howie outside.

Howie ran. Faster than ever, Screaming after you. You were in the parking lot as you heard him. You stopped and turned around as he jogged up to you.

Between heavy breaths he confessed.. "I have to tell you something",
"What is it Howie? You okay??",
"I wont be unless i say this now,"
..........
"I love you... More than anything, I want it that way was about you, It was about how I loved you but wanted our friendship to stay that way"..

You were speechless, "You-mean that?"

Howie was about an inch or two taller than you, He stepped up cupping your face, "Yes.", He pulled you in for a long deserved kiss.

And that was it, You were In love with your best friend ..