31

Jada

I walked into Ruthless and to the front desk where Yolanda, Eric's secretary, was seated. When she saw me, she immediately greeted me with a smile.

"GoodMorning Ms.Wright." She says.

I smiled. "GoodMorning. Is my husband free?" I asked. She looks down at something in front of her and then nods. "He just got out of a meeting. He should be in the studio right now."

I nodded. "Thank you."

I walked away from the desk and down the hallway. Just like she said, I found Eric in the studio alone. He didn't hear me come in over the music. He seemed like he was really focused and working on something new.

I was really wanted to talk to him about whatever this was between Cube and the group. I hated that it had come to all of this. Not only that, but I had been seeing less and less of Dre. He never came over to the house anymore and always seemed as if he was avoiding Eric and I.

I felt lost. Eric never really mentioned anything about any of this and I was curious to know what was going on. Why was he not telling me anything?

I knew he and Cube had been at odds for a moment, but Dre now too?

I tapped his shoulder, obviously startling him. He removes his hand from his waist and shut the music off.

"You can't be sneaking up on me like that baby." He says turning in his chair to face me. I sat down in the chair across from him and folded my arms.

"Eric what's going on?" I asked.

"With what Jay?" He asked fidgeting with the buttons on the soundboard.

"With you and Cube. With the group and with Dre?"

Eric sits back in his chair and shrugs. "Look fuck Cube." He says bluntly. "He dissed NWA on his last album so we sent a few shots his way. It is what it is."

"And Dre?" I added looking at him.

"I really don't feel like talking about all that right now. Aight?"

Eric turns back towards the soundboard and started the music up again. I rolled my eyes and sat up, shutting the music off once again.

"Eric." I started. "Talk to me. Please."

I looked him in his eyes and it was clear that he had a lot on his mind. I knew that things probably weren't going too well because he wasn't in the mood to talk whatsoever. Sometimes I just felt like he never opened up about a lot of things. His mind was always going and going, never really at rest.

I needed him to know that I was here and that I was always down to listen. I was his wife, of course I was here for him and to talk.

"Did you hear Cube's new song?" He asked. I shook my head no and he walked over to the stereo. He pressed play and Cube's voice began to pour out of the speakers.

"Eazy-E turned faggot with your manager fella, fuckin MC Ren, Dr.Dre, and Yella. But if they were as smart as me, Eazy E would be hangin from a tree. With no Vaseline. Just a match and little bit of gasoline. Light em up, burn em up, flame on."

I hadn't heard the record yet at all, so I assumed that this had just came out. Kim never told me about this and neither did Cube. I didn't understand how things had gotten this complicated. One thing I new for sure was that things had changed a lot. The group wasn't the same and Cube wasn't coming back.

"You hear that shit?" Eazy says shutting off the stereo and walking back over to me. "I never took anything from anybody Jay. And if that ain't bad enough, now I got Dre in my ear talking about contracts and shit!"