6

Jada

I paced back and forth across the courthouse lobby, glancing at the clock on the wall. I sighed in annoyance because I'd been wait for Eric for the last four hours. After what happened, they arrested him and we'd been waiting here since then.

A few hours earlier...

After the fight broke out, Jada, Kim, Cube, Eazy, Ren, Dre, and Yella found themselves sitting on the curb (along with a few others) being questioned by the officers. On top of that, they did their routine frisking as well.

"It was just a misunderstanding! Y'all just over here fucking with us at this point." Cube said while the police searched him, up and down.

The policeman pushed him back onto the curb and moved onto Jada.

"Stand up." He ordered.

She did just that and turned around before he roughly put her hands above her head. He began patting his hands up and down her body, slowly.

"Aye man. Fuck is you doing?" Eazy said angrily.

The officer's hands roamed even more slowly over her chest and then down to her waist. Jada closed her eyes shut and frowned uncomfortably. He stopped at her behind and he gently squeezed it.

Eric got up from the curb and before he could reach the officer, he was placed in cuffs and in the back of the cop car.

"Calm down. Nobody want this bitch anyway." The officer says pushing Jada away from him.
______

"Ma'am it has been almost two hours. There's no reason for you to be holding him for this long. Did it go through yet?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"He'll be out soon." The lady at the desk said with attitude. "Wait over there." She pointed towards the waiting room.

"Whatever." I walked away from the counter and took a seat in the waiting area with Cube and Kim. I slouched down in the chair and folded my arms. Cube busied himself by watching the tv, while Kim just tried her best to stay up.

The later it got, the harder it was for me to keep my eyes opened. I let out of a yawn and grabbed a jet magazine from the coffee table in front of me.

Eric

After sitting is this cell for the past few hours, I was ready to go home. This wasn't my first rodeo, but I did what I had to do. I had to stand up for her. I sighed and leaned my head back against the wall.

"Eric Wright." They officer said. "Let's go."

He unlocked the cell and I got up, grabbed my coat, and walked out. He grabbed me roughly by the arm and I jerked away before walking ahead of him. I was quick to collect my things in an effort to get out of there as fast as I could.

"Get the fuck outta here before I throw your black ass back into that cell where you belong."

"Fuck you." I said grabbing the plastic bag filled with my things.

"Sign out." The officer said sliding up a clipboard.

I did so and walked right up out of there. Upon entering the waiting area, I found Jada sleep, Kim half sleep, and Cub sleep as well.

"Yo." I said tapping Cube before heading straight over to Jada.

Jada stood up from her seat and walked right into my arms, hugging me. "Are you okay?" She asks.

"Everything cool. Don't worry about me." I say. "Are you okay?"

She sighs. "I guess so. Thanks for sticking up for me Eric."

"Don't thank me. I did what I had to do." I shrugged and kissed her head.

We all heading out of the station and hopped into my car before heading home. Today has been a long day for all of us, especially me.
------
Kim

(The Next Day at School)

"Hey." I said as I took a seat at the table next to Jada.

"What's up?" Jada asked biting into her pizza.

"Nothing much. Just waiting on O'Shea." I glanced around the cafeteria. "He should be here soon."

"You really like this cat huh?"

"Yeah I do." I said smiling from ear to ear. "He's really nice and sweet." I started.

Jada laughed. "Who Cube? Stop. You're funny." She says.

I sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes. "I'm serious. I really like O'Shea. He so fine girl and girl he makes me feel like a womannn." I said singing the last part.

"I know you didn't." Jada looked at me in disbelief.

I smirked at her and began eating my lunch.

Jada grins and stares at me for a moment. "Ooh. Someone's falling in love, huh?" She bumps my shoulder with hers.

"I wouldn't call it love just yet." I shake my head. "I do like him a lot though Jay. And he does makes me happy. He really does."

"Well I guess that's nice." She nods.

"And I'm falling in love?" I retort. "Don't get me started on you and Eric."

She blushes and tries to hide it, even though I knew already. Hell, everybody knew that Jay was Eazy's girl.

Jada was definitely falling for Eric. I could tell. She was head over heels for his short ass. As long as she's happy, I'm happy. Jada's last relationship ended off bad and I refused to see her go through that type of pain again. She was a great person and I'd hate to see her get hurt. So, as long as Eric was doing the right thing I guess things were just fine.

"Don't turn this around on me. This is you were talking about." She says. "And speaking of O'Shea."

O'Shea sits his backpack down onto the floor and steals a fry from my plate before eating it and kissing my cheek. He sits next to me and nods at Jada.

"What's up Jay?" He asks.

"We were just talking about you actually." Jada rubs his shoulder and gets up. "I'll give you two some time alone. I have an art project to finish. See ya."

Jada collects her things and winks at the two of us before walking away from the lunch table. I roll my eyes playfully at her. I turn my attention back onto Cube. He wraps an arm around me and I began to smile real hard. It was something about this kid that made me feel weird inside, a good weird.

"What you all happy for? You've been smiling a lot lately." Cube teases.

"I don't know. I guess I just have a lot of things to be happy about." I say and lay my head on his shoulder.