11

Jada

I had managed to slip out of my last period right after attendance was taken. Again, I was running to the bathroom again for the hundredth time today. I leaned against the door and sighed, closing my eyes. I flushed the toilet and walked out of the stall and to the silk. I used some mouthwash to freshen up and washed my hands.

I walked out the bathroom and straight through the front doors of the school. Eric's house wasn't too far, so I figured I'd walk there. Plus, it'll give me some time to think about what I would say. I was nervous and I could feel a funny feeling arise in my throat and stomach. I looked down at my belly and sat my hand on it. Of course I couldn't quite feel it, but I know he/she was there.

I walked about three blocks and turned the corner before I headed for Eric's house. Whenever I finally made it there, I knocked on the door and rang the doorbell. I looked at his car in the driveway and patiently waited for him to open the door. I knocked again before I heard his voice from the other side.

He opened the front door and looked at me before opening the other. Eric stepped aside to let me in and I walked past him and into his house. He locked both doors behind us and followed me to his bedroom. I plopped down onto the bed and sat my bookbag down on the floor.

"What's going on? Last time we talked, you made it clear that you ain't wanna see me no more Jay." He said sitting down on the bed next to me.

"I didn't mean it like that Eric. I just had a lot going on at the time. I didn't understand why I did it, but I was all over the place." I started. "If you would've answered my calls, you would've knew."

"I'm sorry. I just needed some time to think. I was feeling some of the type. I do have feelings despite what you may think."

I sighed and laid back onto the bed.

"What up with this big ass sweater?" He said pulling it.

I looked at him and bit my lip nervously. It was time to tell him. I just hoped that I wouldn't get the reaction I was expecting.

"I been hiding." I said quietly.

"Hiding what?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Eric I'm pregnant." I said.

Eazy

"I been hiding." Jada mumbled.

"Hiding what?" I asked.

"Eric I'm pregnant." She said.

I shrugged and nodded. "Why did you wait so long to tell me?" I asked grabbing her hand.

"Because I was afraid of what you might say."

"Jada I would never turn my back on you or out child. Besides if I take care of my other children, what makes you think that you're any different? I'll always be there for you and my baby, no matter what."

She smiled. "I'm happy to hear that. Some people wouldn't have said the same."

"Well I'm not one of those people. Now come here."

I scooted up on the bed and motioned for her to come and lay in my arms. I could tell that she was relieved by my words. I care about this girl so much. I could never turn my back on her.

"So have you told your parents yet?"

"No. I'm too scared to say anything. If my mom finds out, she'll flip." Jada said. "Eric I'm
scared."

"Baby I promise that I'm right here with you. I got your back. Whatever you need."

I kissed her head and continued to comfort her. I hoped she understood how much I cared about her and this baby. I wasn't the type to run from my responsibilities, and I wasn't gonna leave her alone. We were in this together.