30

(Tomica pictured above...)

June 1991

Jada

Since Eric and I's wedding, things had been going pretty well between us. Eric and I had been trying for another baby and the kids were growing so fast. We had to upgrade houses just for more space.

Eric and I's relationship wasn't perfect but I didn't expect perfection. One thing we had been at odds about was my relationship with Pac. When Pac called the house, Eric would get highly upset. He was convinced that Tupac was madly in love with me or something. As much as I tried to explain that we were only friends, Eric felt otherwise and I couldn't change his mind.

Our friendship put a lot of tension between us. Since our last argument, Pac had become very distant. He didn't bother to call anymore and neither did I.

Other than that, our marriage was great.

Another day had been spent at the shop and I could honestly say that we were doing pretty well. Over the past year and half, I had managed to build up my clientele. With the help of a few friends, word had gotten around quick about my shop. We were booked at the moment and I couldn't be any happier.

Eventually Kim came to work with me, which I loved. She did an amazing job of helping me run the shop when I needed help. She did hair from time to time, but was more of an esthetician. Either way, I enjoyed working side by side with her.

As soon as I had gotten one client out of my chair, another had just walked in. I quickly walked over to the front desk to assist her.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Tomica." She said.

I flipped through my appointment book to find that she was just on time for her hair appointment she had previously scheduled. I motioned for her to follow me and walked her over to Kim's station.

"Hey Kim can you take her? I have another client coming in the next five minutes." I said.
Kim nodded. "Sure. You can follow me to the back." She says leading her to the wash station.

A few minutes passed before my next client walked in. While getting started on her hair, Kim filled me in on what had happened is the past few months.
________

"I put out Amerikka's most wanted and it took off! I also brought a house on behalf of what you said! Now give me my money Brian!" Cube yelled.

"I'm sorry Cube." Brian said.

"So you can't help me?" Cube asked impatiently. Brian shakes his head, throwing his hands up. "I'm sorry man. My hands are tied here."

"Ok." Cube nodded.

Oshea walked out Brian's office and out of Priority Records. Kim watched him as he popped the trunk of the car and rummaged around in it.

"What happened Oshea?" Kim asked concerned.

He ignored her and put the bat on his shoulder. His friends followed him inside and Kim could sense that something was wrong. She stepped out of the car and ran after him and inside the building.

"Baby what are you doing?" Kim asked following him. "You could go to jail."

"I'm not letting anybody take advantage of me anymore." He says walking back
into Brian's office. Brian instantly rose out of his hair.