5

Jada

"Michael can you hurry up? I cannot be stuck with you all night." I said banging on his room door.

My mother was basically forcing me to bring my younger brother trick-or-Treating. I originally had plans of my own but I had to cancel them because she argued me down about going out tonight. So now, I would be stuck with him for the next few hours while my mom and dad had their Halloween party. They do it every year, but this one time they weren't allowing me to go out and do something I wanted to do.

On top of that she's been giving me the silent treatment. Without dad I wouldn't know what to do. I was so tired of being at odds with my own mother. This was beginning to get ridiculous.

"You have got to be crazy if you think I'm spending my Friday night with him." I told my dad.

"Well that's what your gonna do." He said setting up the decorations.

"Please don't do this to me. Why can't you take him?" I asked

"No Jada. Your taking him." Mama said.

"I'm so ready to leave this house." I said rolling my eyes and walking out the kitchen.

I walked into my room and slammed the door.

I slipped into some jeans before grabbing my kangol bucket and putting it on. After making sure I looked decent, I walked out of my room and to the front door.

"Michael let's go." I grabbed my coat and held the door open for him.

He rushed past me and out of the door. I closed it and followed closet behind him while he traveled from house to house down our block. I folded my arms and looked down the street before crossing. I smiled as soon as I spotted Eric a couple of houses down.

I guess he spotted me to, because he raised his hand in order to get my attention. I kept a close eye on my brother whilst walking down the street halfway to meet him.
I walked a little closer and saw that it was him.

"Hey Baby." He kissed me and wrapped his arms around me. He pulled back and pecked my lips again.

"Well at least my night just got a little better." I said. "Is this your son?" I asked looking at him.

"Yea that's my boy." He said. "Say hey Jr."

"Hey." He said hiding behind his daddy's leg, waving at me.

"Hey cutie pie. I'm Jada." I kneeled down and shook his hand.

He he resembled Eric a lot. It was my first time meeting his son and he was so adorable.

Eric and I continued our conservation, while I waited for Michael to come back from the last house on our block. He eventually made his way over to us before we turned the corner and walked further.

"This is my brother Michael. Michael this is my boyfriend Eric." I said.

"What's up?" E said.

"Oh do you the one mama be talking about?" Michael asked.

I slapped him behind the head and motioned for him to keep quiet.

"Let me guess, you got stuck babysitting?" E asked.

"I was basically forced to." I folded my arms.

"You'll survive." My brother said running ahead to the next house, with Eric Jr in tow.

"So what are you planning to do tonight?" I asked looking up at him.

"Nothing much. Me and lil man probably gonna grab some to eat. Head to the arcade or some." He said grabbing my hand. "You coming?"