13.

Eazy

Jada and I were currently at her doctor's appointment just to check on the baby. Originally, we decided that we didn't want to know the gender. Jada happened to change her mind about it so we would be finding out today. I was hoping for a little girl and so was Jada. Ultimately, I was just hoping that we would have a healthy baby.

"So everything look good Doc?" I asked looking at the screen.

"Of course. The baby is doing just fine." She said while moving the thing across her stomach.

Our little baby appeared on the screen and Jada smiled at me. She was so excited about the baby, even more than me.

"So, what is it?" Jada asked.

"Well. It looks like you two are having a little girl." The doctor said. "Congratulations."

"Baby we got out little girl." Jada said doing a little dance. "I'm so excitedddd." She said.

The doctor wiped off her stomach and went over a few more things with us about Jada's pregnancy and our baby.

"Jada your due date is approaching very fast. If you experience any pains or anything abnormal please come back and see me. Make sure to call me if any of you have any concerns. Okay?" She says.

"Of course." I said.

I helped Jada off the table and down onto the floor. She grabbed her purse from the counter.

"Thank you." She says.

She linked our arms together and we walked out of the clinic and into the cool air. By this time, we were both ready to get our grub on. My mother insisted that we get together at our spot and do a big BBQ together like we always do with our family. That was the plan for today. Me, my folks, Jada, and my homeboys.

On the way back to the crib, we made a quick detour to the grocery store. We quickly picked up the things we needed and made our way back to the crib. When Jada and I pulled up, the house looked pack like I expected it would. A good old Compton hood block party and BBQ.

I helped Jada out of the car first and grabbed the bags afterwards. We headed inside where everyone was.

"What's everybody." I said walking to the kitchen.

I sat the bags on the table and my mama walked over to check the bags.

"Hey mama." I smiled.

"Hey baby. How you doing?" She said pulling me in for a hug and kissed my cheek.

"I'm cool. Where pops?" I asked.

"He's in the back, watching that game." She said tending back to the pots in the stove.

"Ok y'all do y'all thing in here. I'll be back." I said kissing Jada's cheek on the way out of the kitchen.

I walked out of the back door and into the back yard. My pops was at the grill and watching the game on the portable television across from him.

"What's up pops?" I said walking up on him.

"Hey son." He said.

"Who you watching?" I asked taking a seat on the chair next to him.

"Bulls and Lakers. Jordan whipping ass." He said multitasking.

Eventually he closed the grill and motioned for me to follow him to the picnic table and closer to the television. We sat down and he put the dominoes on the table.

"Something must be on your mind." He said lighting his cigar.

I shook my head and he looked at me. I knew he could see right through my bullshit, so I decided to be blunt. I sighed.