14

Eva's pov

"Good morning mr. Jones" I say to one of my patients as I open the curtains. Of course I dont get an answer from him. That's what happens when your patient is in a coma. I clean his room before his wife's coming in. She's been here every single day since her husband got in an accident 8 days ago. Last night her kids finally convinced to go home for a few hours.

"Goodmorning" Speaking of the devil. "Any news?" She asks hopefully.

"Goodmorning, Mrs. Jones. There's no progress made last night. The docter will come in a few to discuss some things with you." I tell her. This is the hardest part of my job, when you're not able to tell people good news about the patient. "Im sorry but I really have to move on to my next patient."

"Its okay" She manages to smile "Thank you"

After saying goodbye I move on to my next and last patient, since my shift was during the night. There were only two months left till I would stop with this internship, which also meant it would be two months till I could move in with Demi in LA and look for a job there.

Demi.

I missed her so much. My heart ached everyday when I woke up, knowing she wasn't asleep next to me.

A tap on the shoulder interrupted my thoughts and I saw another nurse standing behind me. "Finish up with you're last patient and go home." I do as she says and I fall asleep as soon as I come home.

The ringing of my phone wakes me up in the afternoon. I take my phone from my nightstand and see it is a facetime call from Demi. I settle myself straigter in my pillows before I accept the call.

"Hey babe" I say as I look into Demi's shining eyes. She was clearly enjoying LA and it made me happy.

"Hello. You look like I woke you up?" Her voice sounds raspy, probably from recording a lot of songs in the studio today.

"You did, actually. I had a night shift."

"Ah okay. How are you doing honey?" She asks, being interested in my life. That's exactly what I loved about Demi. She was always interested in what I had to tell about my life.

"I'm doing okay. Just missing you." I try to smile but instead a tear escapes from the corner of my eye.

Demi nods. "I miss you too, Eva. I was in the studio today, recording songs. The album will most likely come out in three to four months. It could come out earlier but I wanted you to be with me in LA when it happens."

I have to swallow hard before I can speak. "I love you, Demi"

"I love you too" We stare at each other for a while until I see something in the corner of the phone screen. A bottle. "Demi why is there a vodka bottle in your house?"

"Oh uhm..." Her cheeks turn red "There were just some people here last night who drank it. I did not drink it. I swear. You have to believe me Eva, Im trying to keep my promise to you."

"Okay" I smile "I believe you."

"Today in the studio I recorded a song I wrote about you and me. Shall I play it for you?"

"Really? Yeah of course." I say, suprised.

"Okay then." I see Demi take her guitar on her lap and she starts strumming it before singing:

My lover's got humour
She's the giggle at a funeral
Knows everybody's disapproval
I should've worshipped her sooner

If the heavens ever did speak
She's the last true mouthpiece
Every Sunday's getting more bleak
A fresh poison each week