There is also another reason why I don't think it is a good idea starting with the obvious revelation that Gabi was once and still is in love with Jayson. The reason is that it makes things predictable. When I began reading, I made a mental note to myself that we were going to run into Jayson sometime in this chapter. And sure enough we did. I've always felt that when romance in stories are predictable it takes a little away from the entertainment and mystery. And I really like surprises in stories. But maybe I'm the problem. Maybe, I probably don't understand teen fiction. Maybe I'm too quick to judge. But I think I'm changing and I have your story to thank for that. Because I was consciously aware that this story was a learning experience for me and not just in terms of the writing, but in terms of how to read certain genres.

And even if you don't take my advice, I'm inclined to think you did your job excellently well. For a couple reasons. The chapter had a purpose, a very clear one. You began by highlighting the most relevant history. A history that would take meaning at the end of the chapter. You also built an amazing main character and helped her roommate further bring out her uniqueness by giving both those characters nearly opposite attributes. But that's not all.

The truth is I fell in love with this story before I began reading it. LOVED the cover and the picture for the chapter. And then I realized the main character majors in Astrophysics. LOVED it!

Fantastic job and thanks for sharing. - Medscifi

Follow this Winner: Medscifi

1st Runner Up: -Tweck-

2nd Runner Up: PipSqueeks88

Final Author's Note: First I'd like to thank DawnStarling [Thanks!] to giving me the opportunity to be spotlighted!

This experience was really fun and I learned a lot. The mot important being that everyone's opinion differs. I got so many conflicting comments it made my head spin. :) I also got a lot of great advice which I am very thankful for.

Last but not least I want to thanks everyone for their awesome comments and feedback. It was so hard choosing just one winner

Well, that all. I had fun!

~ Danielle ~

---

Author #2: bclemens

Book Title: Cursed Angel

Book Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/3990939-cursed-angel

Specified Chapter: Chapter 2

Summary Thus Far in Book: N/A

Author's Note: Hi everyone! I want to know how you guys feel about my characters. Do they feel like they have real personalities? Or do they only feel like a string of words? Thank you! ^•^ Happy Reading!

Moderator Rating: PG, nothing scary at all - very humorous. You will laugh.

Genre: Paranormal

Winning Comment: Hello and congrats on being spotlighted! Very much deserved (:

I do this a little differently. I read it on my phone but write down my thoughts on here as I go so hold on tight! It might be a little long.