Chapter 12

Once I arrived home that evening, I walked up to my room, ready to just change, but instead collapsed onto the bed. I was exhausted, and my mind was about to go into overdrive. I need my sleep, other wise I'm just going to start talking to my self to try and get these thoughts out of my head.

There not even important thoughts, there always stupid things like, why is the sky blue? Where is the original bible? Why are we on earth only to die? Then these questions always lead to endless thoughts and conclusions. It just hurts my head trying to think about it. Add in school to the equation and you have one cranky girl.

I don't know how long I have been napping for, but it doesn't feel like long at all. In fact I am awoken to the sound of a banging on my door. Three knocks to be exact, and they sound happy. It can only mean one thing...

Groaning, I slide off the bed like a snake, dragging the quilt down to the floor along with me. I am still fully dressed and I struggle to get out of the quilt and standing up straight again. I'm just so bloody tired.

"Bella?" Edwards voice makes me roll my eyes in annoyance. I knew it was him, but hearing it be confirmed is like a kick in the teeth. Why do I have to do this? I want to go back home.

I shove the quilt to the floor, and push my exhausted boy, up and towards the door. Opening it, I am blinded by the bright light of the hallway light, making me wince away from it. Edward is all cocky smiles and bright eyes. I see the pile of books in his hands, and my mind mentally cowers in the corner begging that he would just fuck off.

"Can I help you?" I snap moody, from being woken up.

"Aw come on partner, don't be so blue we got some cells to look into." Edward cheered, pushing past me, with a grin and entering my room.

"What are you doing?" I ask in disbelief at his confidence.

"I like this," He gestures to my wall full of posters. "Very you." He adds.

"Cool, but seriously, what the fuck are you doing in my room Cullen?" I question him, moving closer with my arms crossed over my chest.

He holds up the books in a duh motion, waving them back and forth, before throwing them down on my bare mattress.

"Project time. You were supposed to come over to mine and work, but I guess you got... distracted." He points out.

He kicks off his shoes leaving him bare footed, and he takes it upon himself to sit on my bed. I watch in disbelief as he gets comfortable, sitting up and laying out the text books in front of him.

"You have got to be shitting me."I muttered.

"Nope, come on-" He pats the space beside him."Lets get to work."

"Look mate, I'm knackered, I can barely think straight, and I'm having murderous thoughts about you because your feet are on my bed, I think it's best you use the door, before I show you how to use the window."I snap sassily.

"Did you just call me your mate? So were friends." He points out, smirking.

My eyes shut in frustration, as I lean to the right trying to keep my frustration and tiredness under control.

"No, it's a figure of speech,"I grit out in between my teeth.

"Hmm, okay. But anyway, we really need to get some work done." He says again, and my top lip curls up in anger.

"Did you not hear a word I just said, I'm tired you arsehole, get the fuck out of my room!"I shout at him, my anger overflowing by this point.

"No." He says plainly, looking at me with a dead straight face.

"What?"I reply back confused. Why isn't he running for the hills like everyone does?

"You're going to sit down, and you going to work on this project with me, then you can sleep. Go have a drink or something, wake yourself up, but I am not failing this project because you are tired. I let you blow off our first night of studying, but now you need to actually work with me here." He instructs, all humor gone. He is dead serious.

I...

I think I'm in shock.

Nobody's ever talked back to my outburst like that. Not since Laurent... but he would still get pissed from time to time.

What the fuck is going on?

"um,"I hum under my breath, unsure of what to do in this position.

"Go get a drink, then we can work." He commands me.

I feel like a robot in a daze, as I make my way downstairs. I can't believe he just, took that so well. Why didn't he call me a ... the C word.

"Are you okay sweetie, I heard shouting?" Mum says worried rushing into the kitchen along side me, she looks startled when she sees me.

No doubt, my shocked face is evident.

"Everythings fine...I think."I say in a confused monotone voice.

I read into the cupboard, getting a glass cup to pour myself out some water. I just stand there, drinking about three glasses full of water. after that, I fill it up once more, and go back stair up to my room.

When I enter the room, Edward has adorned himself with some small, square glasses, and he is deep in thought over what he is reading. I place my glass on my bedside table, and pick up my quilt for the floor. I kick off my own shoes and crawl onto the bed, a little further away from Edward, wrapping the quilt around my body.

"Why didn't you freak out?" I question him.

I need to know why...

"What do you mean, at your little outburst?" He asks, not looking back at me.

"Yes." I nod, even if he can't see me.

"Well, my brother has a bad temper.Scares the shit out of my mum all the time, but we found a way to calm him down. Just tell him calmly what he should do. Nobody likes being told what to do. And like it did to him, it shocked you. It just takes someone to be calm to get them to realise whats happening."He shrugs in explanation.

Well, people do try to tell me what to do, but I never listen. I guess it was the fact that he was so calm. God.. that was so weird. I shake my head trying to snap out of the trans state he left me in.

"Is your brother...crazy?"I asked boldly.

"No, and neither are you Bella, you're just a human with feelings like the rest of us." He tells me, writing down some notes on the page.

I wish that was true.

I get a weird feeling in my stomach, and pull the quilt closer to my body trying to tame it. It was just so... nice to hear him say that. To hear anyone say that. What is happening to me, I'm going soft.

I think I'm going to be sick.

"So which cell do you want to study princess?" He teases, turning to me with that cocky ass grin on his face.

Nevermind then, hes still a dick.

--------------------------------------

I don't even know what this is...

I don't even know if it makes sense...

But whatever right?