Chapter 4

I woke up, feeling the cold air prickling against my skin, making me groan and crawl back into the confinements of my warm bed. I tucked every limb sticking out of the covers, back under and they immediately started to warm. 

I raised my head from the pillow, looking across the room, at the ticking clock on the wall.

Eleven forty three am. On a Friday. Jet lag seems to not be a problem for me. It's not like I have to worry about the sun waking me up here, there seems to be no sun existent. Just rain, clouds and winds.

My stomach grumbles, but I ignore it, rolling onto my stomach and breathing in the flora scent of my pillow. I close my eyes slowly, drifting back off sleep, and escaping the nightmare I'm currently living in.

I wandered the empty hall ways of my old school. The hallways carpeted with a royal blue, the walls a plain cream colour, with the wood all painted a dark grey. I passed by the English classrooms, heading towards the science labs. 

I pushed past one door, into another hallways, which now had laminated flooring. The floor littered with old chewing gum, imprinted into the tiles. The walls a light lime colour, with scientific posters, with cheesy catchatchphrases on them.

I walk by the same hallways, that I have walked for five years. Only there were people here the last time I was here.

It is dark here at school. No natural light from the outside, just the emergency lights illuminating the hallways. I don't feel scared at all, this seems natural to me. I feel more safe in the dark. Because at least when i'm in the dark I can't see the shit that is reality.

The room numbers S4 burn into my mind, and I push open the door to the exact room from my mind. A shining ray of light floods over me as the classroom shifts to a different room. The hexygon, lab tables with stools littered across the classroom completely changes. 

The room is still filled with scientific posters, and lab equipment. But there are rows of tables now, stretching as far back as eight complete rows, with high stools for each place. And in those places are students. 

Students...not my old classmates thought. These are people I've never seen before. Paper planes, in their hands, each one with a pair of emotionless eyes, and a hand raised, ready to throw the plane in there hands.

"The new girl is here," They all say in sync, before throwing the planes towards me. Midflight, the planes shift to look like sharp cutting knives, all faced with there sharp point, aiming at my chest.

I scream as a shard shines in my eyes, and the world blanks out.

I wake up with a startled gasp, my body coated in a thin layer of sweat. Never thought I would sweat under these conditions. I throw the quilt off my body, cooling down, and getting out of bed to stretch out my stiff limbs. 

I look over at the clock, and notice I've been sleeping for over four hours now. My whole body feels more relaxed and less tense then this morning. But my stomach still grumbles, and loud this time. I'm surprised a bloody monster doesn't live in side of there demanding food every five minutes. Because I love my food.

I mean I love my food. I asked father christmas for my own mini fridge when I was eight, just so I didnt have to move far to get something to eat. I never did get it though. I got a tamagotchi instead. All the kids wanted one, and nearly every kid in my school had one except me, but I just didnt like it. It was annoying and kept dying, and I had more fun pressing the reset button then playing the game.

I guess, that was one of mums ways to help me fit in with the other kids.

I scoff to myself and spin around to walk over to my wardrobe. I pull out some grey sweat pants, a white tank top, and a grey hoodie. Pure comfort. Now I just need to try and sneak past my mum, to get some food. I haven't eaten since yesterday when I managed to snag a packet of crisps in the night.