Chapter 11

"Have a good day at school sweetie." Renee chirped and I openly rolled my eyes at her.

Yanking open the door, I slammed it shut behind me, and readjusted my headphones to block out all the people crowding the parking lot.

Becoming small by yanking my hood over my head, I clutch my satchel strap and head forward getting this god awful day over with.

I followed along, floating through the day by barley listening and walking next to Leah. I used her as a way to get out of talking to people or participating in class. For some reason Leah made people scared. She seemed to drive them away.

People are only like that with me when I start talking.

The one thing I am glad about is that the talking and gossip has seemed to die down around me. People have gotten over the fact that I am the new kid from England. Though I can clearly see when someone is talking about me.

People in America aren't very subtle when it comes to talking behind someone's back.

I roll my eyes at nothing as the bell goes signalling time for Biology. I felt like a zombie trudging along the same path as yesterday, walking down the near to empty corridor, and managing to stay out of everyones space.

A person glanced at me. So small girl with brightly colored clothes. She seemed to make eye contact with me straight away. It was like she was waiting for me to walk past her. Though when I met her eyes, I looked away, looked at my feet, and carried on to class.

The teacher was just setting up, doing his own bussines at his desk, while the rest of the class settled down. I took my assigned seat next to Edward. Sitting down with a huff, and a grumpy frown, as I settled my folded arms across the desk and rested my head on them. I stared into the darkness, as my face was near enough pushed into the desk.

"You okay there Bella?" Edwards chiper voice questioned. I could barely make out even the hint of worry in his voice.

Lift my head up with the same grumpy look, I narrowed my eyes at the man with a face of pure happiness. Its like he just has sunshine and rainbows radiating off of him in rays of pure bliss. Then theres me. The person surrounded by storm clouds, and a whole mind revolving around a hurricane.

"I'm fine."I mutter, sitting up a bit straighter. Though slouching over and burying my head into darkness is great, I can't be asked to be told off for not paying attention.

"You don't look it?" He continues, swiveling in his chair, and I notice it brings him just a little bit more closer.

What ever happened to personal space?

"I said I'm fine." I grit out, clenching my fist.

The teacher begins the lesson, and I am lost with my thoughts yet again. It is never a good thing to be trapped inside your mind. Especially when your bored. Sighing, I look around the room. Of course my eyes meet others as they turn to look at me aswell.

Its like people just know when your going to look at them.

I avert my eyes in embarrassment, and turn only to meet Edward's eyes. Giving up I close my eyes for a second, before just looking straight ahead at the teacher as he waffles on about some rubbish. His accent makes it even harder for me to concentrate.

"-Each cell in our body contains a set of genes. Thoses of which were passed on from the gametes that created you. Now can anybody names some features that would be passed on?" He questions the class, and is followed by silence.

"Um, hair colour." A girl called out, not completely sure of her answer.

The teacher just looked relief for someone to break the silence before it dragged out for too long.

"Yes, Abigail. Everyone's natural hair colour is passed on from your parents. But it is always the dominant gene that is chosen. If one gamett carried a brown haired gene, and the other carried a blond haired gene, what colour hair will there child have?"

"Brown" The girl sitting next to Abigail answered, seeming much more confident with her answer then little Abigail did.

"Sir, my mum has blonde hair and my dad has black hair, but I've got blonde hair so how does that work?" A boy with a clueless face asked from the back.

I snickered a little at how truly clueless this guy was. Even the Jocks next to him didn't seem that confused. But they didn't look like they were paying much attention anyway. They were probably daydreaming about screwing some cheerleader. Stereotypical, I know. But let's be honest, it's probably true.

"Good question Peterson." The teacher praised with a happy grin, already reaching for his chalk. "There is a one in four possibility- that like you the baby comes out with the less dominant of the two..." He began to draw out the diagram that I loath, and I seriously was contemplating jabbing my self in the eye for something to do.

With a sigh, I collapsed my elbow onto the table as a way to hold up my head. If it wasn't for my hand right now, I would be asleep and drooling on the table.

Forty minutes later, and my sanity is nearly completely gone. The bell rings. The unimaginable amount of relief is me is almost tangaganable in the air. Freedom. Well sort of. Gym was next, and I can't help but know my anger will be take out on that volleyball again.

"Well, that was interesting." Edward says, and I have to look at him to make sure he was really talking to me. To my disappointment, he was.

I just don't answer.

"So..." I picked up my messenger bag, flinging it onto my shoulder, securely. "After school, my mum is going to a cooking club and my dad will be at work. My sister will be there but she won't bother us."

"What?"I said confused, my head tilting slightly.

"The project. We agreed for today." He reminded me, looking at me like I was... like I was crazy.

"Yeah, sure, see you then."I say, unenthusiastically.

I walk out of there escaping to Leah's side and yet again following in my zombie like state to get this last lesson over and done with. Then I can go home and once again be secluded into my room. The thought brings a smile to my face.

"So anything happen with Mr Project partner today?"Leah questioned.

Fuck. Fucking project piece of shit. All I want to do is sleep, is that too much to ask.

"Nothing."I tell her as a answer. If she knew I was going to his house tonight she might just go on another bloody speech about how loony his family is and how I should stay away from them.

High School is just pure bullshit.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn I haven't uploded this in a while.

SORRY Its not much.

But hey its something.

Give me a break.

I'm sorry.

I'm just going to go now.

Yeah.

Bye.

.