Chapter 14

With the sky looking like a gray mist of despair, I shut the door behind me, and walk out into the real world. It's a comfort to me, and I smile up at the sky, enjoying the cold against my skin.

"Alice, just sit in the middle."

"No, just because I'm small."

"Exactly, you're small so you will fit."

"Alice, don't argue with Emmett, you won't win." I heard Edward chuckle from over the massive shrub that divides our houses.

I walk down the path and our gate opens with a small screech, as it swings back into place once I let go of it. I look up and down the street picking a direction to go. Maybe I'll go to Billy and get a snack first then try to find a park or something, I ponder.

I walk forwards toward Billy's, discreetly, pulling my hair across my face in protection.

"Bella!" Edward calls.

Fuck.

Ignoring him, I carry on walking past there house.

"Bella." Edward chuckles, his hand clamping down on my shoulder and spinning me around.

For fuck sake.

I shrug his hand off and he drops it to his side, letting out a small sigh.

"Where are you going?" He asks me.

"That's none of your business," I snap, narrowing my eyes at him.

He shakes his head like my behavior is a joke to him.

"Seriously, where are you going?" He asks again, this time with a smile on his face.

I look down at the floor, hating how his eyes stay glued to mine.

"I'm not going anywhere, just walking around."

"By yourself?" He asks worriedly.

"Yes," I say plainly.

He bites on his bottom lip, turning around to his family, and I follow his eyes. His mother smiles at me, as they load stuff into the trunk. Baseball bats? He turns back to me grinning and I narrow my eyes at him.

"How about you join me and my family?" He suggests, and I accidentally let my mouth open as I laugh right in his face.

"I'm sorry, but a day trip out with the happy bunch doesn't sound like a good day out to me." I joke, shaking my head, as my laughter dies down.

"Bella, were not that bad. Just come you can hang out with me."

"And what makes you think I want to hang out with you." I laugh.

"Why not? I'm adorable." He grins, and I nearly spit in his face with how fast I laugh. I don't think I've ever laughed this much. Not even when me and Laurent used to mess around.

"If I could describe you in one word, it would be far from adorable. Now go play happy families, because you're wasting my precious time." I snap at him and turn to go to Billy's.

"Alright princess." He calls, and I stop dead in my tracts my whole body freezing.

For some reason, I feel this warmth spreading though me. The cold feels like nothing, as this heat overpowers me. I feel my heart beat pick up, and I lower my head in confusion. My stomach tightens, as I hear the words in my mind again.

"Call me that again Cullen, and I'll rip your fucking balls off." I threaten, though my voice is meek and barley audible.

What did I just feel?

--------------

A little Chapter to make up for lost time. I'm sorry guys, I'm a slacker, and I need to wake up.

More Edward and Bella coming, I want to move the story along so, I'm speeding it up, and cutting out some of the long parts.