Chasing the Sun Part 1

"Hey Cleo." Holly blinked away the sleep from her eyes. "Where's Seth and Jace?" she asked with a yawn. The leaf was still plastered on the side of her face and I swiftly plucked it off. She looked at me embarrassed. "Oh my gosh was it there the whole time!?" She covered her face with her hand.

"Seth went to go meet Jace by the lagoon to freshen up. I just came from there not too long ago. Oh and you missed the sunrise this morning, it was amazing." I smiled.

"Aw man! It must have been quite the sight. You know just like the sunrise back at home." Her eyes turned sad and she scratched her head. "I miss being home." She finished with a sigh. I gave her a hug and she seemed to have relaxed a bit.

"Holly, I know we've only been here for, what, a day? We're bound to find someone or vice versa. We won't be stuck here forever." I assured her and she complied with a small smile. "And if it helps, I miss home too." I sat up against the boulders and tossed a few charred twigs back into the burnt pit.

"Well in the meantime, I guess we all need a shower." Holly smelled her clothes with a look of disgust. "I smell like grass and sea water."

"You can borrow clothes from my bag." I got up, opened my suitcase, and pulled out a fresh pair of denim overall shorts with a red and white striped T shirt. "Will this do?"

"It's perfect!" Holly grabbed the clothes and marveled at them. "And I think i'll use this too." She plucked a red flower crown from one of the side compartments.

"I don't remember even owning that." I looked at the accessory in confusion. "Must be Stephanie's."

"Well then can I have it?" Holly looked at me eagerly.

"Can you have what?" Stephanie's voice approached us followed by her half sleep, half grumpy face.

"Nothing." Holly tucked the crown into her pocket. Stephanie looked at her with suspicion but flopped down on the sand and stretched. Her hair was disheveled and sand coated the side of her neck.

"Cleo afterwards, what shall we do? Go look for the other passengers? I don't want another episode of Stephanie's failed games." Holly stood up and walked backwards to the forest.

"I don't know I guess we can start looking again. Let's wait until the guys get back. Then we can assess from there." I replied. Holly gave a thumbs up and turned to the tree lines but stopped.

"Uh, Cleo. Which way is it to the water pool thingy again?" Holly asked as she peered into the trees. The wind made the leaves rustle in every direction.

"You mean the lagoon? Just follow the stones." I told her but she looked back at me unsure.

"You don't need a chaperon you big baby." Stephanie huffed and wiped the sand from her neck.

"Stephanie!" I looked at her and mouthed the word 'stop'but she rolled her eyes in return.

"Fine, if she's that scared I'll go with her." Stephanie stood up slowly. " Hey I'm going to borrow an outfit." She sifted through my luggage.

"You didn't even ask me first." I looked at her. She didn't even make eye contact.

"Does it matter? Plus I'm the oldest so, be nice to your big sis." Stephanie pulled out my thigh length navy blue romper and gold sandals. She then took out my lime green facial cloth and headed to the forest.

"But-" I began to say but she was already by Holly's side.

"Be back in a bit." Stephanie shouted over her shoulder and dragged Holly by her wrist. They both disappeared into the tree line.