Phase 25: A New

"Clear!" The nurse in a turquoise uniform shouts.

"Again!" The man in a white lab coat shouts looking at the heart monitor which showed no sign of life.

"One, two, three!" The doctor puts the defibrillator on Yurisa's chest.

"Clear!" The woman shouts again as sweat drips down her forehead.

Breathing starts to regulate showing on the monitor. "She's stable." The nurse nods wiping off the sweat off her forehead with the back of her hand.

The doctor nods putting away the defibrillator and grabs his clipboard. "We'll wait until she's awake." He says writing on his clipboard.
_______________________
THREE DAYS LATER

I open my eyes in a daze looking up the at white ceiling.

Where am I?

I hear a beeping noise, beeping right next to me. I decide to turn my head slightly to the side.

It was a heart monitor. I frown at the view looking down at myself seeing wires connected to my veins and chest.

Am I in the hospital?

I look around the room spotting Blake on the left hand side of me, resting his head on the bed next to my hip. I could feel his warm hand cupping mine as he slouches on the chair.

"B-Blake..." I whisper in a raspy tone.

He doesn't move a muscle. He looked like a child sleeping without a care in the world.

How did I even get here?

I move my hand away from his, pitching his skin with my finger nails. Blake starts to open his eyes looking up at me.

His eyes widen quickly jumping out of his seat. "You're awake!" He whispers loudly.

"H-how did I get here?" I ask clearing my throat feeling the pain in my stomach causing me to wince.

"Clint brought you here." Blake walks to the counter, grabbing a pitcher of water pouring it into a small plastic cup. "Drink." He holds the cup to my lips while I sip on it.

Clint brought me to the hospital? He's the one that almost killed me in the first place...

I slowly work my hands down to my stomach gently placing them on it. "My baby?" I ask in worrisome.

Blake's eyes wander to the door. "I'll get the doctor." Completely ignoring my question watching him walk away.

I brush my hands against my skin to my sides feeling the rough stitches against the tip of my fingers.

The door opens wide revealing the doctor walking towards me. "How are you feeling?"

I ignore his question. "How's my baby?" I frantically ask.

"I want you to relax Mrs. Walten."

"Don't call me that!" I shout in furry, digging my nails into the palm of my hands making a fist. "Tell me about my baby!"

"It's been three days since the incident, you got stabbed twice. One on his developing skull the other on his hip. He had no chance of surviving." The doctor clears his throat folding a piece of paper in his hands handing it to me.

"The sex of the baby was a male."

I grab the paper looking at the X-ray. I wanted to cry, scream from the top of my lungs. This tiny body was inside me and now it's gone. I saw the shattered skull perfectly clear, tears start to erupt from eyes.