Phase 24: Innocence Lost

My vision became blurred. I could hear a woman's voice from the back of my car.

My forehead is bashed against the wheel before the air bag can protect my face. I could taste the blood trickling into my mouth from my injured forehead.

I groan feeling a pressured pain on my chest, it was the seat belt compressing against me.

"Oh my god! Are you alright?!" I hear the high pitched feminine voice shout, hearing her heels clatter towards the driver's door.

I hear her open the door making me slowly look to the side, squinting to see the woman's face.

It's bright. That's all I can see. A white bright light shining on my face.

A flashlight?

"Help.." I manage to say in a painful moan holding onto my stomach.

"I'm calling 911!" She yells running back to her car hearing the heels echo away.

I slowly move my hand to the seat belt and unbuckled it. I look to the side seeing another car pull up next to me. My sight starts to recover seeing a man come out of his car.

I couldn't quite see his face, my eyes were still trying to make sense of the objects around me.

"She's still breathing! Quick! Help me get her out." He shouts to the woman.

That voice...

I know that voice...

I hear the heels clatter quickly towards me. "Alright, let's place her on the ground." She says in a panicky whisper.

"How did you even hit her? Didn't you see her lights?!" The husky voice questioned aggressively.

"I was texting, it's my fault!" The woman admits. I feel my body being pulled out of the car, it aches. My whole body aches.

"I'm taking her to the nearest hospital." The man says gripping on my waist making me wince. I squint looking up at him hoping my eyes would fix on his face.

"I'll go with you." The woman says in desperation.

I could see him now. His familiar features sent chills down my spine making me immobile.

It's you...

Clint..

I'm not surprised..

It seems I can never be left alone..

"No.." I whisper gripping onto his sweater with the last bit of strength I had. "Don't."

Clint walks to his car putting me in the passenger seat. "No, you're not coming." He says under his breath turning around to face the middle aged black haired woman.

I see him pull out a pocket knife from his sweater. "This is what you get for texting and driving." I see him shut the car door stabbing the woman to death multiple times. I could hear the muffled screams as he covers her mouth with his leather gloves.

"Shhh. Shhh." Clint whispers pulling the dead body into her own car.

I can't move, I'm paralyzed. I could only watch what he would do next. He just killed a woman in front of me.