Phase 4: Instructions

I stare at the phone in fright for a moment. I was frozen, my palms were sweaty. The door bell rings making me yelp, dropping my phone on the waxed wooden floor.

I stood by the couch, just looking at the door. I didn't want to open it, not even peek outside. I could hear my own heavy breathing as the door bell rings again. I hear footsteps creeping down the stairs. Heavy stomping. I wait to see the killer, cuddling myself up like a ball on the couch.

"Why are you sitting there don't you hear the door bell ring?" Clint angrily says, rubbing his left eye in tiresome.

"No, don't open it!" I whisper loudly, getting up from the couch, running towards the door blocking his way through.

"Yurisa, stop this nonsense." Clint pushes me out the way unlocking the door.

"Clint!" I whisper in a whimper.

He opens the door walking outside. I bite on my thumb nail hoping he was okay, everything was quiet. Too quiet. "Clint?" I walk slowly towards the door.

"You have a package." He walks back into the house and shuts the door behind him. He gives me the small box. He sounded annoyed and shook his head. "Yurisa, I know you're freaked out, but nothing has happened since your encounter with this stalker." He walks back up the stairs.

I open my mouth to try to explain that there was more to it than that, but I remain quiet instead.

I watch him leave, leaving me alone in the living room. I walk back to the couch, picking up my phone from the floor. I place the box on the kitchen counter and grab a knife to open it. My name was printed on the box in capital letters with my address.

I see my hands shaking, opening the box. I exhale looking into it. I see a white envelope and an LG phone. I grab the envelope and open it, grabbing the pictures inside it.

They were the pictures I gave Erving. I place my hand on my mouth, trying not to cry, to scream. Trying not to blame myself for whatever happened to him. The LG phone starts to vibrate, receiving a call. I hesitantly grab the phone looking at it in horror.

The phone gets another call again. I pick it up holding it up against my ear. "Check the photos on the phone." It was the same robotic voice from before, whoever it was they were using a voice changer.

The person hangs up.

I look at the clock, it was eleven thirty PM. I sniffle and tap the picture icon, taking me to photos of Erving, his family and friends of the station. I go to albums and see another folder named 'DEATH,' I tap on it.

A gasp escapes my lips, putting the phone down, terrified. Tears start to roll down my cheeks. I feel the salty tears on my lips. It was Erving, dead on the grassy ground. There was excessive amounts of blood on his neck, revealing a deep cut on his throat.

That psycho must've sliced his throat!
I cry in silence trying not be too loud.

I swipe to the right of the screen, there was another picture. It was a piece of white paper and it said "BAD GIRL" on it written in red, it looked like blood. It was taped on Erving's forehead. "You sick bastard!" I whimper.

My phone begins to vibrate. I shut my eyes trying to stop crying. I can't take any of this anymore, I grit my teeth in anger and frustration. "What the fuck do you want?!" I cry through the phone.

"That phone was Erving's and guess what? It has your prints all over it." The voice said.

I could picture the son of a bitch smiling from his accomplishment.

I stay silent waiting for him to finish. "That means if you call the police they'll know you were the last person to see him, and if they trace that phone guess where it will lead them?" The voice muffles a chuckle.

"You bastard." I whisper in rage. He screwed me up big time. I fell for his trap making me vulnerable, no help to save me from this psycho's grasp!

"Pack everything back in the box and leave it outside in the back of your yard. I have a gun pointed right at you, don't even think to look around for me. Those prints will still be on them just in case you try to be brave again." The voice hung up. I slam the phone on the counter leaving me no choice, but to obey.

Fuck, fuck! What could I do? I was right where he wanted me, right on the tip of the shark's razor teeth. I could only cooperate.

I put the things back inside the box. I grab it, walking to the back yard. Opening the back door, I drop the box on the doorstep. I glance the yard for a short time, trying to see if I could find the person who was harassing me.

I see nobody. I walk back inside locking the door. I sigh heavily, walking to the light switch, turning off all the lights. I grab the knife from the kitchen, sitting on the couch, looking out the back waiting to see the killer.

Morning rises and I wake up startled, springing up from the couch. I look straight at the back door, looking through the small door window.

The box had disappeared. I begin to search for my knife, picking up the cushions frantically. I look around the room to spot it on the counter with a sheet taped to it.

I walk towards it, unfolding the paper in frustration. 'I was here.' It said, making me step back. My body began to shake, I went numb.

How did he get in?!

He waited out until I fell asleep to get the box!

Fuck!

"Morning, get dressed or you'll be late for work." Clint came up from behind me, grabbing my shoulder. I jump from his touch, turning around crumpling the sheet behind me.

"Easy, it's just me." Clint kisses my lips.

"Sorry, I stayed up watching a scary movie." I smile in relief.

There was no way I could show my husband this, he would think I'm crazy!

Everything I've done has been behind his back and now, I'm left with no evidence! No evidence leading to my stalker.

Nothing, just nothing! Instead, it all back fired!

I jog upstairs, doing my daily morning routine. I get dressed for work and head back to the kitchen, burning the sheet of paper until it was ash.

I clean up the stove, throwing away the remaining ashes from the sheet into the garbage. I exit the house walking to work.

"Good morning Ms. Walten." I hear a familiar voice greet me. I scowl back to see Blake walking up to me, waving.

"Oh gee, you look like..." He pauses.

"Like shit." I give him a tiny smile. "Yeah I stayed up all night."

"Well, I was thinking if you could come over to my home with your husband for a friendly neighborhood dinner." Blake slaps his hands together.

"Uhh, We'll see. Good day Blake." I say walking away from him.

"Good day!" Blake waves a peace sign at me with his fingers.