Phase 5: Outburst

I walk into my office to find a bouquet  of flowers on my desk. I walk in surprise looking at the card between the roses and lilies.

"Have a good day." I read on the card with a smile. It was probably Clint, he knows I'm not feeling like myself lately.

He was always a romantic man. It's been two years since he hadn't done something special for me. I guess when you've been married for five years things start to die down, forgetting how to make your significant other feel special, wanted.

I smell the flowers, the scent of soil still remained on them. I sit on my desk preparing to do some paper work.

Nine hours pass, I finish evaluating my patients. I took the flowers along with the card and exited my office.

"Beautiful flowers right? You out did yourself with this man." Mandy winks, she was more of an acquaintance than a friend. I smiled awkwardly at her words.

Walking out the hospital, back to my home. I take out my keys to the house, opening the door. I walk into my home as I see Blake waving at me, sprinkling water around his lawn. I smile and wave through the living room window.

I get a vase for the flowers, filling it up with water. I put them inside, fixing them to my liking. I catch myself smiling down at them. This surprise made my day. I decide to call Clint, thanking him for the flowers. The phone kept ringing, sending me to voicemail.

"Hey hun, I know you're busy but I just wanted to call to thank you for the flowers, they're beautiful. Love ya! See you tonight." I hang up, placing the vase on the coffee table.

I yawn in tiresome, walking the stairs trying to get my mind from the horrific things I saw, just yesterday. I strip down naked in the bathroom, turning on the faucet from the shower. I walk inside the tub and begin to soak myself in hot water. The pictures of myself on this very spot made me cringe, just remembering that nut-job taking pictures of me.

I look around the bathroom making sure I was alone. I sigh and lather myself in soap and shampoo. An hour passes, I finally come out in the foggy vapor making my body relax. I walk out of the bathroom with a towel around me.

I put on some grey sweats and a T- shirt, sitting on the bed brushing my long hair.

My phone starts to vibrate on the bed, it was Clint. I pick up with a smirk. "Hey hun." I say trying to contain my joy.

"What flowers are you talking about?" Clint's voice sounded furious. I stood silent for a moment.

"You put flowers in my office this morning, didn't you?" I ask hoping he said yes.

"No, I didn't. Who the fuck is bringing you flowers?!" He shouts. I could hear his hand slam a desk.

"I don't know, I thought it was you." I begin to head downstairs, pacing to the coffee table.

"Are you cheating on me Yurisa? Because if you are, God help me I will kill that son of a bitch!" Clint's voice shook from the anger. He sounded like a whole different person, I never heard him so vexed before.

"I'm not!" I yell, offended by his accusation.

"We'll finish this talk at home." He composes himself and hangs up. I quickly throw out the flowers into the trash bin, emptying the vase. My phone rings again. I pick up, holding it against my right ear.

"You liked it didn't you?" The voice said.

"It was you....Wasn't it?" I sigh in frustration, causing me to frown.

"Guilty but, I made you smile didn't I?" The voice chuckles. I stay silent thinking of the words to say.

I was happy, happy that somebody made me feel wanted, loved. Thinking it was Clint made it wondrous.

"You know, it's not nice to throw away gifts." The voice lowly whispers. I commence to look around the house frantically, hoping to spot this psycho, but as always there was no luck. The line ends and I felt the tension come back to my shoulders.

7:00PM

Clint walks into the house with his black brief case as I sit on the couch, waiting for him dressed in a black tight dress. I wore my hair up in a bun, walking towards him with my black shimmering heels.

"Tell me you aren't cheating on me." Clint stares down at me with his big grey eyes. I sweep my hand on his short blonde hair to the back of his neck, and shake my head.

"I'm not. I threw out the flowers the minute I knew it wasn't you." I calmly say, he nods, starting to  loosen his tie. "Don't get comfortable yet." I put my hands on his tie.

"Why not?" He raises an eyebrow.

"We're eating dinner at the neighbor's house, he invited us over." I explain, hoping he would agree.

"Okay." He sighs while I fix his tie. We leave the house shutting the door behind us, walking next door. I ring the door bell waiting for Blake to open. I hear footsteps walking towards the door. It unlocks presenting a woman with dirty blonde hair.

"Honey, they're here!" She loudly says in a melodic tone. She lets us into the house. I see Blake walking towards us with a smile.

"So glad you guys could come. I was thinking you were going to leave us hanging." Blake greets me with a hand shake. I only smile at him looking around the house.

"The names Blake. I used to be one of docs patients." He extends his hand towards Clint. My husband only eyes at him in a frown, ignoring his hand shake.

"Alrighty then, why don't we begin to eat." Blake smiles as I stay in embarrassment from Clint's unwelcoming actions. We sit on the dining chairs, while Blake's wife serves us our food.

"So, how long have you two been married?" I ask out of curiosity, trying to ease up the tension between Clint and Blake.

"It's been seven years. I was wedded young, but gosh I knew she was the one from the jump." Blake looks back at his wife with a charming smirk. "Her name is Sandra." He looks at Clint then, me.

Sandra walks back to the dining table and sits on the chair. "Okay, I hope you two like my cooking!" She giggles, holding her hands together. "Let us say grace." She closes her eyes. I could tell they were religious folks just from this tradition.

Clint scoffs loudly making us look at him.

"What's wrong?" I ask, while he glares at Blake.

"You have a problem Mr. Walten?" Blake shoots daggers at him.

"Gee, I don't know it's just weird to me that you invite my wife and I over to dinner." Clint starts to fiddle with his fork.

"Please, let's just have a nice dinner." Sandra says, staring at the two killing each other with stares.

"Are you accusing me of something buddy?" Blake gets up from his chair.

"Maybe I am." Clint shoots up with the fork in his hand.

"Please!" Sandra yells. I grab Clint by the arm forcefully.

"What the hell are you doing?" I question in demand.

"Don't you see the way he looks at you?!" He points the fork at Blake.

"Babe, he hasn't even been looking at me in that way!" I try to tuck some sense into him.

"Was it you?! Who put the flowers on her desk?! In her office!" Clint starts to rage. "Huh?! Answer me!" He tightens his grip on the fork.

"What are you, crazy? What flowers is he talking about?" Blake points at him. "Get out of my house right now, before I call the cops!"

"Put the fork down Clint!" I hold onto his arm. He scoffs, throwing it next to Blake's feet. We start to walk out of the house.

I turn back to Blake. "I'm so sorry about this." I sincerely apologize. He only shuts the door in my face.

Clint and I walk back to the house. "What the hell was that about?!"

"I don't like him, I don't want you near him. You understand?" He grabs my wrist forcefully. "If I find out you two have something going on. I swear I'll end both of you." He frowns.

Vote and comment! Hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. :)