Phase 9: No Escape

Faint radio playing Beethoven- Für Elise in the background.

I wake up to the sound of the music cracking radio. My eyes shoot open, remembering what had happened to me. I feel the pain from the back of my head where I was hit causing me to wince.

I look around my surroundings, finding myself in a cold basement with a dim lighted lightbulb. I remain on the cemented ground, unable to move, my legs and hands were tied together tightly with rope. I was in a cell, barred up in a cage like a prisoner.

I hear heavy footsteps approaching me. The music in the radio began to crack letting tiny melodies escape the device.

My breath becomes hefty making my chest hurt, feeling my heart pump against my tied up hands, laying on them uncomfortably. I only look up scanning the figure who stood on the other side of the bars.

"You're awake." The gruff like voice says in a low chuckle. I couldn't see his face due to the dim light coming out of one lightbulb.

He was like a lurking shadow with no face, just a pitch black figure.

As much as I squinted the only things I could see was a leather jacket and heavy brown boots.

My body begins to shake from fright.

I felt helpless so..so vulnerable.

"W-what do you want from me?" I question in a whisper, tears rolling down my cheeks. The man rattles his keys in his hand, grabbing a specific key to open up the cell. I let out a small gasp escaping my lips.

My body went numb from the cold ground. I feel the goosebumps on my arms and legs forming, making the hairs of the back of my head become static.

"It's not what I want from you, it's you who I want." The man opens the cell, walking towards me. I could see him clearer now, he was wearing a black mask hiding his face.

"You c-coward." I shake from the coldness and fright as he caresses my cheek with his hand.

"Shhh, don't speak to your savior that way." He whispers grabbing my tied up hands from the rope, pulling me closer to his face; making me get on my knees as he crouched down to my level.

My knees were starting to scrape from the rough texture of the ground. "S-savior huh? Is that w-what you think you are?!" I shout in a quiver.

"I am, you just don't know it yet." He stands up, pulling me to my feet as I groan from the pain on my knees. He takes out a pocket knife from the back of his pants, cutting the rope from my legs, letting them free.

"You're the stalker aren't you?!" I stare at him in disgust.

Finally, we meet and he doesn't have the slightest nerve to show his revolting face to me.

"Is that what you're calling me? Tsk, tsk. That's not a nice name for your savior." He shakes his head, pulling me out of the cell. My bare feet slowly walk the freezing ground.

My legs feel  heavy, like if I hadn't walked in months.

"W-what have you done to me?" I whisper.

"I drugged you, just enough to not try anything." He says, walking up a set of stairs. He opens the door revealing a bright light. I follow his footsteps making me exit the basement.