Phase 16: Change

What do I do?

What do I say?

I pick up the pregnancy test and walk to the sink rinsing my mouth. I stare at the positive sign, hoping it would magically change to negative.

I'm panicking internally I could feel my heart being drained, the pulse in my head was thudding on my forehead unable for me to think of the situation.

A heavy knock snapped me out of my trance. "Are you okay?" I hear Blake's voice knocking once more.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." I throw the pregnancy test in the garbage can and sigh heavily. "I'll be right out."

"Okay, hurry up we're ready to sing happy birthday to Laiza." Blake says hearing his footsteps stomp away.

It has to be his. It can't be Clint's, we hadn't had sex in a month now. It had to be Blake's. He's the one I had sex with that day..

How do I tell him?

Do I even tell him?

I unlock the bathroom door and walk out as I see the woman who gave me the pregnancy test waiting for me.

"So, was I right?" She asks raising an eyebrow. My eyes wander down to the floor and nod slowly.

She starts to shake her head. "You poor girl if I was you I would abort it." She pats my shoulder giving me a sympathetic look. "That man is insane." She whispers walking past me.

I start to walk into the dining room to find the kids singing happy birthday to Laiza already. Blake spots me and walks towards me. "You look pale."

"I said I'm fine." I frown looking away from him.

Maybe, I should abort it. I don't even know the guy. He's not even my partner.

Blake stays quiet scowling at me looking back at the bathroom I was in. "I'll be right back." He says walking into the bathroom. Blake shuts the door behind him looking around.

Why was she taking so long? He thought to himself opening the bottom sink cabinets. There was nothing out of the ordinary and was about to leave until he spots a blue wrapper next to the door.

Blake picks it up looking at the label that read ClearBlue. "A pregnancy test?" He whispers walking to the garbage can seeing the stick test.

Deciding to pick it up he turns the test to the front revealing the positive sign. "She's pregnant....Damn it Seth, this is all your fault!" Blake shouts throwing the test in the garbage storming out of the bathroom.

Laiza cuts the cake as I give out plates  with pieces of cake to the kids, from the corner of my eye I see Blake storm into the dining room in anger. I try my best to ignore it and avoid eye contact.

An hour passes and the celebration is over making Laiza sleepy. "Thank you daddy for coming on my birthday." She says in a yawn hugging him.

"I'll see you soon, okay?" Blake carries her to her bedroom placing her on the bed, tucking her in.

"You mean until next year." Laiza pouts, saddening her eyes.

"Hey, hey. No sad faces, alright? I promise I'll see you on holidays too." Blake places a kiss on her forehead. Laiza nods pointing at her white book shelf.

"That's right, how can I forget about story time?" Blake chuckles walking to the shelf grabbing a story book. "The Little Gingerbread Man." He sits down on the side of her bed as she nods shutting her eyes ready to hear the story.