Sneaking Isn't My Forte

Sneaking Isn’t My Forte  

I wasn’t excited for school today and I have couple of reasons why:

1.)    I have detention today.

2.)    I have detention today with Cal.

3.)    I have detention today with Cal and I am not looking forward to see him.

4.)    I have detention today with Cal and I am not looking forward to see him bother Layla.

5.)    I have detention today with Cal and I am not looking forward to see him bother Layla and ask me ridiculous questions.

Five reasons are kind of too much, but I have plenty more. I’m not really a morning person, so I will get pissed easily. I angrily opened my locker with a livid look displayed in my face. It isn’t pretty. I threw the books I don’t need in my locker and sighed to myself. 

I should’ve ditched today.

"Hey, Brooke," Layla said when she reached to my locker.

I took my books out and forced a smile. "Hey."

"Did you know Oliver Martin is having a party tomorrow at his house?" she said, smiling excitedly.  

I shrugged. It's just a party. You don't have to be that excited, I thought frowning. I’m not in the mood for a party, which is weird. I guess Cal is stressing me out.

Stop mentioning about him, you idiot!

"It's my first party at this school, so I'm really excited," she squealed.

Oh, that's why. "So do we have to go?" I honestly don’t want to go.  

I used to be a total party girl, getting drunk and crap, but I just don't feel like it right now.

Her eyes widen and her mouth fell. "Of course we have to go! Let me mention again, my first party," she squealed. "Besides, I want my best friend to be there. You could show me how to party like a bad girl."

Should I be insulted?

I rolled my eyes. "Fine," I said unenthusiastically.

She smiled brightly. "Yay, I can't wait. Tell your mom you're going to my house first and tell her you’re going to stay in my house after the party for a sleepover!"

"Umm...Sure," I said lamely. Sleepover, I thought, lovely. That is a very nice way to put it. "I should go to my house first, because I need to get some of my stuff."

Her clothes aren't really similar to mine. She dresses like a "proper women with short skirts." You know what I mean? I would wear inappropriate clothes and my type of clothes dosen't really scream slut, but it screams hot. Her clothes are cute and adore able; it's meant for a petite. I'm not a petite. I have curves that are noticed by many guys and I have long legs.

“Hi Collin,” I said when I caught a sight of him. 

He looked down at his book as he passed by me and blushed slightly as he said, “Hey, Brooke.”

Layla frowned. “What are you doing?”

I looked at her, tentatively. “I just said hi to your brother. Big Whoop,” I said.

“I want you stay away from him,” she said.

I looked at her shaking my head. “I just said hi,” I exclaimed. “It’s not like I was checking him out!” Okay, I checked him out once, but that was only once. I mean, who doesn’t check out a guy’s ass? I would even check out a girl's ass.