Chapter 21

Song for this chapter: Here by Alessia Cara

"Alex!" she screamed, yanking him from the unconscious body. Lauren pulled at my shirt, "We need to get out of here!" She yanked me towards my car. I kept looking back making sure, they escaped the police. "Fucking Christ, Alex." I mumbled as we sped away, not knowing if they got away or who was going to be in the back of that police car.

Will's P.O.V
Lauren and I sat around my apartment for a couple hours until about 3AM when we decided to head over to Alex's. If they're not there, either one of them or both of them are in jail. I swear if Sarah got locked up because of this bullshit, I'm gonna kill Alex personally.

The house was dark but there was light coming from under his bedroom door. "Alex?" I called out as I made my way up the stairs, Lauren following close behind me. There was no response, which led me to the conclusion that he forgot the light on when he left for the party. "What if they got arrested, Will? What are we gonna do?" Lauren's small voice whispered, barley audible.

Before I could even think of a response to her question, we stopped dead in our tracks when we heard over joyful giggling coming from downstairs. "What...the...fuck..." I turned around to look over the wooden railing and down into the dark kitchen. Lauren's grip around me tightened as it got creepier and creepier. "Hello?" I called down the stairs. The giggling just continued and I just wanted to leave but that would involve going down there. "The light from the room mixed with that giggling...This is some poltergeist shit I don't wanna fuck with." I felt around for the hallway light switch as Lauren kept hold of my shirt. We heard a thud before the voice from downstairs yelled. "Fuck!" We stood there looking at each other before Lauren whispered from behind me. "I think that's Sarah."

We felt like idiots as we made our way down the stairs and into the kitchen. I flipped the light switch on to reveal Sarah sitting on the ground. "What happened?" Lauren made her way towards her. "I think I- I walked into the wall." she slurred, before the giggles returned, only this time it wasn't scaring the fuck out of us. She was drunk, totally shitfaced. "Where's Alex?" I asked her as I helped her up. She wobbled a bit before catching her balance. "What do you mean where is he? He-he isn't here?" she swallowed, looking as if she was going to puke any second. "I came in the back door just now and then BAM!" she laughed, staring down at the floor unable to make eye contact with us. "What the fuck is going on?" Alex's voice boomed through the house, rushing down the stairs. "He was in there." Lauren lightly slapped at the back of my head. "Um...ow!" I gave her a look before looking back towards Alex. "What the hell happened?" Lauren faced all her attention towards Alex. "What do you mean? Nothing happened, I left right after you." He gestured towards me. "Only you? Where was she?" I asked Alex, gesturing to the drunk Sarah leaning on the counter. "She refused to get in my car, I had to leave. I didn't have time to mess around." He defended himself, but it was understandable. "When and how did you get here?" He made his way towards Sarah. "Nah-ah-ah you don't have room to ask me questions." She poked at his chest, making him move back a step. "You're in my house." He took that step forward once more. "I was at a party I found along the way. The real question is why did you bring me to her party, Alex?" She turned around, unable to even look at him, her face now in her hands. "There has to be a reason." I noticed in her voice that she was crying but she was continuing to hide it. "I think this is our cue to leave." I turned to Lauren, the two of them forgetting we were even there. "Don't fucking move, Will!" Alex growled. Well, he knows we're here. "Don't talk to him like that!" Sarah turned around, pushing at Alex, defending me. "Sarah, don't." I let her know it wasn't worth it. "Don't tell her what she can't do!" He turned to me one more. "Alex, calm down." Lauren jumped in. "Everyone, stop! Alex, this has nothing to do with them. Guys, go." She looked at me reassuringly, the sound of her voice was more sober than before. I watched as Alex's anger grew and he pinned her against the counter, his hands gripping around her wrists. "Alex, listen to me. I don't know what crawled up your ass today, but you don't need to take it out on us. It was your plan that backfired, not ours. Let her go." I slowly made my way towards him. His head fell, breaking the gaze from Sarah's eyes, his features immediately softened. "I'm sorry." He fell against her, pulling her closely to him. An arm around her waist and his hand at the back of her head holding her to his chest. "I'm so sorry." He repeated into the top of her head. He went to let go of her but she grabbed at his face. "When they leave, we'll talk. Okay?" Her voice was soothing. I watched as she forgave him, it was almost as if they were the only two in the room. "We're gonna get going." I had to find the right words to say. "Will..." his voice broke, separating himself from Sarah and making his way towards me. "It's okay, no hard feelings." I patted his back but he pulled me into a hug. "I don't know what came over me." He let go. "It's okay, man." I patted him on his shoulder before Lauren and I made our way to the door. "We'll see you guys tomorrow. Sarah, eat some bread and sober up, you scum." I joked as we exited the house. I heard her laugh dissipate as the door shut out the sound. After today, we learned that no matter what life throws in our direction, or however bipolar it may make us, we'll always have each other to get through it.

A/N: This chapter is a lame ass filler chapter, besides the funny parts it sucked ass. I had a rough day, but I love you guys.