Chapter 11

"Just try to talk to her okay, I just haven't been myself lately. I didn't mean to snap at you like that." I finished my previous sentence. "You don't think I've tried? She hates me." He huffed. "I never thought I'd see this day...Alex Ramos sappy in love." I tried to joke. "I never said I loved her."

Sarah's P.O.V
"Excuse me." I mumbled to the guy blocking my path. He turned around and said "Sorry, pretty lady." I sent him a quick forced smile before continuing my walk home. "No shit." he laughed like he realized something. "Is your name Sarah?" I turned back around to meet eyes with the complete stranger. "How do you know my name?" I didn't know whether I should be scared or if I was just overreacting. "You got me and my friend in trouble." he stepped closer to me. "What are you talking about?" I swallowed. "You see, my friend only wanted to get laid, but your response to my drugs got out and my boss heard the news," Jake popped into my head and all I thought about is what would have happened if we weren't at Alex's when that happened. "You got me fired, you little bitch." I watched as he grew angry, clearly having a grudge against me. "Maybe he shouldn't have drugged me in the first place." I stood my ground before walking away. "Like a stuck up bitch like you would fuck him." he sarcastically said, you could tell he rolled his eyes with the tone of voice he used. I turned around to see him grinning at me and I scoffed disgusted with him. "It's not like he got fucked either way." I laughed as I continued to move away from him, walking backwards. My body tensed as I hit something, but it wasn't just something, that something was breathing down the back of neck as it gripped at my arms. "We'll see about that." the familiar, deep voice growled. His hand flew over my mouth. "That little emo dweeb isn't here to help you now." he sounded too excited. I tried to scream and kick but the more I did, the tighter he held me and the more painful it got. I cried with panic as my screams were muffled by his large palm. "Please!" I attempted to yell, but it was no use. I felt as his grip slightly loosened from my wrists as he tried to turn me around to face me. The second I was able to see his face, I took the chance and kneed him in his genitals as hard as I possibly could. He immediately let go of me and fell to the sidewalk, I bolted in the opposite direction across the street before the drug dealing friend could comprehend what just happened. "Get her." I heard Jake groan in anger and pain. His friend started to chase after me but his extra weight and the fact that he seemed way older slowed him down a bit. I ran to the only place I knew was close, which was where I came from. I didn't have time to try and call the police as I was too focused on running for my life. I looked back for a split second to see Jake close  behind his friend. "I can make it, I can make it." I quietly huffed. The apartment building was now in sight, but my lungs started to burn and I was struggling. I looked back once more to see his friend no longer in sight but Jake was still there. "Fuck." I felt like I was gonna collapse, but a rush of adrenaline ran through me and I ran up the multiple flights of stairs almost to the floor. I reached in my pocket and tried to dial the first number on the screen of my phone which was Alex's missed call, call back option. I pressed the button but I didn't hold it to my ear. I made it to the last three steps but when I looked behind me to see if the coast was clear, his grip was already on my ankle.

Alex's P.O.V
"Sarah? Hello?" I mumbled into the phone. Without hanging up I turned back to Will and said "I think she just butt dialed me." As I was about to take the phone from my ear to hang up, a blood curtailing scream erupted through the phone, but it also echoed through the walls. I dropped my phone as I rushed to the door. "Stop!" she screeched and I could her the fear in her voice as it cracked. I looked down the hallway to see her behind dragged by her ankles as her nails dug into the carpeted floor. "Alex!" she cried in tears for me...and after that I don't know what happened.

Will's P.O.V

I grabbed Sarah as Alex chased  down the stairs after what looked like Jake. "Will...don't let him go after them. Stop him, they're gonna hurt him." she sobbed into my side as I helped her walk to the apartment. " "Calm down, he'll be okay, just sit down. Did he hurt you?" I asked her but instead of answering she just ran back out the door and down the stairs. "Sarah!" I screamed after her. "Why do I have such stubborn friends?" I sighed before running down the stairs after her. "Alex, stop!" I followed her voice to the side of the building. I turned the corner to see her trying to rip Alex off of Jake's almost unconscious body. "Dude, stop!" I grabbed at his arms, to try and stop the punches from being thrown. Some big dude ran up behind Alex and I backed away. "I'm not involved." I quickly said, not wanting to die tonight. Sarah noticed the guy about to go after the Alex sitting on his friend and she jumped on his back and clawed at his face. "I'm gonna fucking die tonight, great" I shrugged. Alex stood up from Jake's body and watched Sarah get thrown from his back. The wind was knocked out of her as she came into contact with the concrete. I rushed over to her and Alex finally flicked back into reality. She arched her back as she winced in pain. Alex and I were on each side of her as I watched her squeeze at the hem of his ripped shirt, followed by his hand grabbing hers. "Will, get her out of here." he ordered me. She heard his words and wrapped her arms around his neck and cried into his chest "No." I heard her sternly sob. "I'll be okay." he kissed her forehead before he looked back at me and I helped her up. As we walked back towards the building entrance, I heard the physical noise of someone being used as a punching bag, without looking back my questions were answered as Sarah's screams rattled my eardrums as she cried, kicked, screamed, and scratched at me as I pulled her back by her waist and dragged her inside, her arms still reaching for him even though he wasn't there.

A/N: HOLY BAJEEBUS, this was a hard chapter to write! I hope you enjoy it though :) COMMENT, FOLLOW, VOTE.