Animals... I Can Handle- Boys... I Cannot 7

Start from the beginning

When I saw who it was, I started grinning. “ZACH!!” I shrieked. I jumped hugging him. He was very tall.

He chuckled. “Long time no see Chloe.” He let go and smiled down at me.

I looked up at him and was completely shocked. “Long time?! It's been forever Zach!! Look at you!” I exclaimed while touching his arm. I looked back up at him. “You grew!! You're huge! What did you do to the innocent little Zach I knew?!”

Zach Lynsie used to be my best friend before he moved and I met Joanne. He used to be a small kid with no muscles at all. He was scrawny and played soccer. Now he was all bulky and taller than me! I looked at him. His dark blonde hair was shaggy. It was still short like always, but still looked different. He looked at me with his light gray/blue eyes and smiled. His teeth, let me just tell you, looked like they belong on TV.

He moved away right before 6th grade started because his parents divorced. He had to move with his dad to Maine. Now I can't believe i'm seeing him here. In California! In Matt’s house. I gave him another hug and felt happier than ever.

He looked me up and down and whistled. I gave him a weird look. He laughed at it. “Damn Clo! I don’t think i'm the only one that grew up. Look at you..” He took my hand and spun me around. I thanked god I still had my tank and shorts on. “You look great! You're not the little Clo I knew either.” He winked at me.

I laughed and hit him in his bicep, I don’t even think he felt it. I didn’t change much. I still have black long hair that is almost up to my hips. The only good thing about me are my dark green eyes. “Why are you even here Zach?”

By now we were already walking down the path in the forest next to Matt’s backyard. This way no one could interrupt our reunion. No one really comes out here for fun.

“My mom invited me to visit her. I heard the party was today and decided to come see if you were here. I never thought these types of parties are your thing Clo.” He bumped me in the shoulder and I locked my arm with his.

I rolled my eyes. “They’re not. I was forced here since i'm going to be leaving for college next year.”

He chuckled again. I felt the vibration of the chuckle. And it made me chuckle too. “Chloe.” He looked at me this time with a frown. “I can't stay long. My mom moved to Los Angeles, and I have to help her move her things. I'm sorry Clo I really wish I could stay so we can catch up on things.”

I frowned too. I thought I’d have more time to talk to him. “Well we still have time, so lets not waste it sulking about you moving.” I said as we continued walking.

“You know, this place hasn’t changed much since last time I was here.” He looked around. Whenever Sam babysat me, I used to beg for her to let me bring Zach along. Sometimes she’d let me and we would always hang out in this forest. I smiled at the memories.

“You know I really missed you Zach. It may not look like it but much has changed since you left.” I looked at one of the flowers planted by Matt’s mom. It was a deep purple and stood all alone amongst a bunch of pink roses. I felt like that one flower stuck in between a bunch of brainless stupid pink flowers. I rolled my eyes and looked at Zach who was looking at me with an amused expression.

“Are you trying to tell me you’re friends with Puntler now?” He smirked.

I let go of his arm and gave him my most shocked face. “Like I would ever be friends with that mutation!!”

Zach burst out laughing, and mocked wiping away a tear. “Good, well since you said a lot has changed, I thought that’s what you meant, since you’re here at his party.”