chapter 9 JAMES P.O.V

I woke up on the couch covered up with a blanket and I had a pillow. Then I hear the screaming that woke me up coming from upstairs. I run up the stairs taking them 2 at a time. When I stop at the top the screaming comes from Kayla's room. Opening the door I see her sleeping the blankets twisted around her and she's crying. Walking over I sit on the bed. When I start shaking her she goes limp and I wrap my arms around her. I start to lift her up when she shoots up screaming and crying. Pulling her to my chest she cries harder. Sadness shoots through me and I speak softy trying to calm her down.

"It's ok sleep I'll stay here with you"  I can't believe what I just said or did. Laying down I pull her with me and she curls up to me resting her head on my chest. Not soon after she falls asleep looking so peaceful. I don't want to move I feel to comfy and strangely safe. I was so caught up in my thoughts I didn't feel my eyes getting heavy and soon I fell sleep.

------------------

I woke up to an alarm clock going off. I hate those things. I feel something shift and the alarm clock stops. The person next to me tries to get up and I pull them to me. Kayla shifts and I can tell she is looking at me. She stays like that for a little before removing my arm and getting up. I instantly got cold and I felt a little sad so I looked around. She is picking out some cloths then she leaves. Sighing I get up and do my morning routine. When Kayla leaves the bathroom she looks happy and I go in doing with I need to. I come out a few minutes later and grab what I need for school. When I get down stairs it's dead quit and I look around, finally I open up the front door and hear music playing.  

~~~~~~~~~
I'm so sorry for taking so long to update. I've been so swamped with school and I still am but I wanted to get a chapter in because it's been so long sense I updated.

sorry I love u all,
kayla