chapter 5

"mom I'm home" I call when I walk in the door setting my keys in the bowel and setting my bag down against the wall.

"in the kitchen" she calls out and Mj and I walk into the kitchen. Mj sits at the bar as I grab an apple and a bottle of water before leaning up against the door frame.

"ok so what's up mom why do you need to talk to us" I say taking a bite of my apple.

"a boy your age is moving in he needs a place to stay and I offered. His parents kicked him out so he's been couch surfing at his friends houses"

"ok what's his name" I say taking a drink of my water.

"James" she says plainly and I choke on my water falling into a coughing fit.

"is something wrong" she says concerned.

"is his last name Brenton"

"yes do you know him is he a bad person"

"does he have to stay here" I ask

"he has no where else to go" she says trying to reason with me.

sighing I say "yeah mom he's a good person"

She smiles "well that's good because I have to go on a business trip for a month and you can stay here and watch him and the house as Mj stays with the Duncan's" she says happily. What she said felt like a slap in the face.

"mom no" I say trying to keep the panic out of my voice.

"there is no room for argument Mj go pack we leave tomorrow and James will be here soon, Kayla you will be nice"

"fine I choose what I wear around him and you'll take me out to get whatever I want"

"fine and you only get $150" she sys annoyed

"$300"

"$200"

"deal when will he be here"

"9" she says flatly.

"that's 3 1/2 hours from now I'm gunna go out with friends I'll be back by 8:50"

"fine"

Smiling I go up stairs changing into booty shorts and a strapless shirt that's black. I put on wedges and then some light makeup. When I finish I call up Tina. " I change my mind I wanna go to the party be ready in 30 minutes" she squeals making me put distance between the phone and my ear.

"that's all the time I need" she hangs up and I lightly curl my hair before before driving to Tina's. When she comes out she's in booty shorts, a spaghetti strap, leather boots and light makeup complimenting her eyes that were Hazel around the iris and blue, with her brown hair straightened. "let's go" she says with a big smile. Smiling back I drive off.