'Serai?'

I'm here.

'Where are we?'

The ground feels soft below me. Maybe not ground, it feels like cloth. Soft fabric.

We're not dead.

'Thanks for that valuable information'

That's all I know, I'm sorry. It smells good, though.

I feel myself moving unconsciously, burying my face into the fluffy object. It did smell good. Almost like a rainforest. Or maybe a pine forest after a big storm.

'Open your eyes, Lena'

I pry open my heavy lids, taking in my surroundings. Gasping, I sit up. I'm in a room, lit only by the small amount of light coming from under a door. Maybe a hallway. I throw the blankets back and swing my legs over the edge of the bed, sliding off. Dizziness takes over, and I stumble back on to bed.

"I don't recommend standing right now."

The voice is rough and low, sending shivers down my spine. I let out a shaky breath, "who are you?"

"You're very small," he states, and I see the figure moves closer to me. "I wonder why you were picked to lead?"

"I'm not small, I'm five-four and a half. That's average," I state.

"You are small compared to me, very small, my dear," he replies.

"Who are you?" I ask again.

"Your parents are dead," he tells me.

"W-what?" I stutter.

"They died," he repeats.

A flash of memory shows in my mind, seeing my mother die before my eyes.

I sit back against the bed, my head in my hands. I feel like I'm going to throw up.

"I'll give you three days to mourn, princess, then you're going to have to learn how to be a Luna."

"What is your name?" I question for the third time.

"My name is Roman, Roman Xander, Alpha of all of the territories of the United States."

I feel like all of the wind has been knocked out of me. My throat dries and my tongue doesn't want to work.

"What is your name?"

I stare at the dark figure in front of me, unable to form words. He is a murderer. He's the one who killed my parents and he shows no sympathy.

"Answer me," he growls, annoyed at my silence.

"Lena Blake," I tell him, my voice hoarse.

"Lena," he repeats. "Meaning moonlight."

"It represents the night in which the wolf and the humans were made one. It was a full moon that night," I state, as if he doesn't know.