"Anyways." She says with a chuckle. "I'm gonna go check on Elijah. He should've been up from his nap by now." Jada says walking past me and out of the kitchen.

I walked over to the couch and plopped down on the couch. A minute later, I could hear Jada screaming from down the hall. I immediately got up and rushed to see what the matter was. I ran into the room and seen that Jada had Elijah in arms.

"What's wrong?" I asked worried.

"Eric he's not waking up! I don't know what's wrong. I don't know what happened!" She says hysterically as she tried to wake him.

I looked at his lifeless body in her arms and my heart dropped. Nothing I tried was waking him up whatsoever. Fear and panic set in immediately and I sort of froze for a minute. It felt like everything had completely stopped and Jada's screams and crying weren't helping at all.

——

I paced the emergency room back and forth as we waited for somebody to come and tell us something. I didn't understand what was going on or if my son was okay. I was scared. How did we go from having a completely healthy child to this?

I didn't understand this shit.

It had only been ten minutes, but I seemed like we'd been waiting forever. I was getting really antsy just sitting here. Jada couldn't calm down for anything, they refused to let her see him until she could get herself together.

I was trying to my best to console her, but nothing was working. She was still a wreck. And well me? I felt numb if anything. Fear was something that I rarely felt, but I was definitely scared right now.

As soon as the doctor turned the corner, I walked over to him. Jada was right behind me, looking towards the back where they took Elijah when we got here.

"Where is he? Where's my baby?" Jada asked as she looked over his shoulder.

"I'm afraid I have some bad news." The doctor started. "I think you may wanna sit-"

I cut him off. "What's wrong with our child? I mean did he have a stroke, seizure, what's up?" I asked him impatiently.

"Not that either. I'm sorry to tell you this, but your son died. He stopped breathing." He said sorrily.

"No! No!" Jada screams. I caught her in my arms and held her tightly as her body went limp. A lump formed in my throat and for a minute I felt like I could barely breath.

Kim

I watched from the hall as Jada said her final goodbyes to Elijah. She'd been sitting there for almost a hour and a half, not wanting to let him go. While Jada stayed behind, Eazy had went for a walk to clear his head about an hour ago.

I couldn't even begin to imagine what they both were feeling at the moment. Being a good friend is all that I needed to do right now. I didn't understand or know what to say, but I was here for her.

I looked down the hall and saw Eazy making his way back with the physician who treated Elijah. They appeared to be discussing something important. Once they reached me, the doctor walked in while he stayed behind.

"You know she still hasn't said a word since I got here?" I asked shaking my head. "I wish I could understand E."

"You don't." He started, stuffing his hands in his pocket. "You don't wanna understand how this feels Kim."

He paused and sighed. "We appreciate you for coming through though."

"Of course. We're family." I said pulling him into a hug. He hugged me back briefly and then walked into the room.

Jada

All of had left of my baby was a urn held his ashes. It had been just days and I missed him beyond measure. I didn't know how I would ever get past this. Numbness is what I felt majority of the time, but the guilt and anger followed right behind.

Am I the reason why he's dead?

I was driving myself crazy and racking my brain trying to figure out exactly where things went wrong that day. They had no explanation for me. They didn't understand what happened to my baby.

It is my fault.

"Jay." Eazy says interrupting my thoughts. I didn't bother looking at him, because I didn't feel like talking at the moment. I kept my gaze forward, tuning everything he said out. I felt him grab my hand and give it a squeeze.

"Please talk to me." Eric says. I just continued to stare ahead and not say anything. He sighed and removed his hand away from me.

Once we pulled up to the house I didn't waste any time getting inside. After exiting the car, I made my way to the door and unlocked it. I walked into the house and Eric followed behind.

I walked over to the fireplace and placed the urn on the shelf between our family photos. One just happened to be a picture Eric and I previously taken while I was pregnant with him.

I squeezed my eyes shut in an effort to stop tears from welling up in my eyes. They fell anyways once I opened my eyes. I sniffed and wiped my eyes quickly before retreating to our bedroom.

Kim

I adjusted Anthony on my hip as I waited for someone to answer the door. I rang the doorbell once again and the door swung open. Eazy stepped aside and I strolled in before he closed the door behind me. He walked past me and plopped right back on the couch.

I sighed and walked further into the living room. "How are things? Are you okay?" I asked him.

He shrugs. "I'm fine, dealing with it in my own way."

"And Jay?" I asked.

"She's been locked up inside of our room since we came back. She won't talk to me, won't eat, nothing, I don't know what to do other than to just be there for her."

"That's all she needs right now." I said.

"Ant & I are gonna watch some football while you talk to Jay." Eazy says reaching for him.

He reached over and basically jumped into Eric's arms. I left them two to it and walked down the hall.

"Hey Jay. It's Kim." I announced as I opened the door.

The room was dark barely lit. I walked over to her side of the bed and sat on the bed next to her. She was wide awake but she didn't bother to look up. She stared straight, seemingly in deep thought.

"It's gonna be alright Jay." I rubbed her back.

She looked up at me momentarily before letting out a long sigh. "It's not gonna be alright Kim. THIS is not alright. Okay?" Jada says.

There was a moment of silence before she sat up on the bed. "This isn't fair! I didn't deserve this. Elijah didn't deserve this."

Jada got up from the bed and walked into the bathroom before slamming the door behind her.