Dyslexia

I'm in the 9th grade and I have dyslexia. I haven't been don't well in school so my teacher got me a tutor. His name is Nash and he's a senior. I walking to his house right now for the first tutoring lesson. I knocked on his door before a woman around 5;4 opened the door. "Hello Hun I'm Elizabeth Grier are you the girl Nash is tutoring?" She asked and I nodded being the shy person I am. She let me in and called Nash to the table. He came into what I think is their dining room and we both sat down across  from each other. "Ok so what is your weakest subject" he asked me opening up his bag. "Math" I stated getting out my math stuff. He took out a calculator and notebook with a pencil and we started working on my math.

"I've told you this seven times why don't you understand" Nash yelled getting mad because I still hadn't understood how to solve the equation. "I'm sorry I just gets so mixed up its hard" I said getting frustrated too. "Ugh your impossible to teach" he said. I looked down wanted to cry. I why couldn't it be easy for me like it is for him. "Nash could you help me with....oh sorry" I younger boy came I a said when he saw me with Nash. He was obviously Nash's brother. "It's fine Hayes your easier to teach then her." He said to his brother I now know as Hayes. "Just sit down I'm gonna go get a drink." He said. Hayes sat down next to me. "Are u trying to do the math assignment?" Hayes said looking over at my paper. "Yeah" I said still looking down after what happened. "Nash yelled at you didn't he" he said I looked up a him a nodded. "He does it to me too I have dyslexia so he gets mad at me for not understanding." He said giving me a light  smile. "I have dyslexia too that's why he yelled at me" I said letting a tear slip before I wiped it away quickly. "Don't take it personally" he said when he saw me crying a little. Nash came back and sat down. "Ok Hayes what did you need help with." Hayes showed Nash a math problem and I watched them do it together. After they finished Hayes got up. "Come to the first door on the left upstairs if he yells again and I'll help you." Hayes said before he left. I really liked that kid. He was nice and sweet and really hot even. He had dyslexia too and seemed like a person i could connect with.

This is my second lesson with Nash and he already getting mad again. I bit my lip trying to focus on the work but I just wasn't comprehending any of it. "27 over 48 divided by 34 to the second power is....umm" I said with a shaky voice trying to get the answer. "That's a 38 not 34 where did u even get 34" Nash said raising his voice again. He ran his hands though his hair before getting up to get a drink. I used this time to gather my stuff and run to Hayes' room. I knocked on his door and he opened it looking really tired. "Hey y/n is everything ok?" He asked. I looked down a said no in my small voice. He immediately wrap his arm around my back pulled me into his room and motioned toward his bed. I sat down and looked down not knowing what to say. Hayes picked up my bag and took out my homework and laid it in his bed. He smiled at me and I smiled back as we started to try and figure it out together.

In short time Hayes and I had been working I found out that his weak point was reading and I was better at reading because numbers get more mixed up for me and Hayes was pretty good at math so we worked well together. "Then x would equal 48" he told me explaining problem 30. "Ok I got 48 too" I said. "Your getting a lot better" he smiled at me. "Thanks your reading is getting better too" I said back. We looked in each others eyes for a minute but I broke eye contact when my phone went off signaling a text it was my mom. "Hayes I got to go my mom wants me home by 7:00" I said getting my stuff together. "Will you come back and work with me more" Hayes said sounding hopeful. "I don't know Nash is my tutor not you" I said with disappointment in my voice. Hayes looked down. "Just tell Nash you have a date" he suggested. "I can't lie to Nash plus I need his help" I said. "Then don't lie" he said. "But no one asked me on a date?" I said. "I know that so I was wonder if u would like to ditch Nash and go on a date with me tomorrow?" He said standing up and coming closer to me. "Really?" I Dias shocked. "I would love to Hayes" I said he smiled. "I will be at your house at 4 and I will drive u back by 10" he said. "Where are we going for that long?" I said. "Well I thought we could go to the park first then eat and than go to the carnival here in town?" He said. "That's sounds amazing" I said. We both smiled at each other and then I left.

We had an amazing date together and I'm proud to say I had my first kiss that night on the fairs wheel with Hayes Grier.

~I will try and update once a week but I'm really busy so I will do my best. Thank you for the votes ,reads and the messages. It means so much. I hope you enjoyed this! 😘👏🏻☺️😂