Wisdom Teeth

My best friend Hayes was getting his wisdom teeth out today and I was going with his mom to come and get him. We walked into the dentist to see if we could take him home now. They told us they needed about 5 minutes so we waited.

They brought Hayes out and he was stumbling a little from the medicine they
gave him. "Hey that's my best friend!" He yelled out loud. I laughed and helped him to the car. We got him in he front seat and I got in the back and his mom started to drive until Hayes started to yell for his mom to stop the car. We all panicked and stopped the car asking what was wrong. "You almost hit the unicorn mom!" He yelled. We both laughed at Hayes. "Hayes what unicorn?" His mom asked him. "The one in the middle of the road." He said in a sassy tone like Skylynn. "Hayes honey, I promise I won't hit the unicorn." His mom told him before she started driving again. He started to try and touch his stitches so I started talking to him. "Hayes what's ur favorite song?" I asked him and he started singing Break Free by Ariana Grande. Elizabeth and I both started laughing at him. "What's so funny, I'm a good singer." Hayes slurred. "Is that really your favorite song Hayes?" His mom asked. "Yeah because Ariana is bæ!" He said. We both laughed at Hayes again. I kept asking questions till he said he was tired. He fell asleep in the seat singing Break Free in his sleep and also talking to her in his sleep too.

We got to Hayes house and his stepdad carried him in the house since he was still sleeping. He laid him on the couch and I sat on the couch with Hayes' head in my lap. I started watching The Fosters on their Netflix. Hayes started to mumble in his sleep again and I didn't pay much attention till I heard my name. "I love you y/n." Hayes said. I smiled we had said I love you before we both mean it like friends. I giggled. "I love you too Hayes." I whispered in his ear. "If you love me then will u go out with me." Hayes said. I didn't know if I should take this seriously or not because he was asleep and still a little out of it. I didn't respond and kept watching tv.

About an hour later Hayes woke up. "Hey you woke up!" I said to him as he looked up at me from his nap. He was obviously less drugged up than he was before."Heyyy" he said stretching out the y because he yawned at the end. He look at the TV "what are you watching?" He asked. "The Fosters!" I said and he rolled onto his side with his head still in my lap to see the TV better.

We watched TV for awhile until I couldn't take it anymore. I had to ask him. "Hayes?" I asked biting my lip. "Yeah" he turned to me still laying down. "Were u having a dream when u were sleeping?" I asked. He smiled and looked toward the floor. "Yeah" he said silently. "What was it about" I said. "This girl I like. I asked her out and she said yes." He laughed a little but kept smiling like a goof. "Who was she?" I asked Hayes his smile faded. "Nobody" he said and turned toward the TV. "Hayes, you know the guy I like, tell me." I begged. "No y/n I'm not telling you, can we stop talking about it!" He yelled. I nodded me head and looked down. He turned back toward the TV. "Hayes can I get up?" I said to him since he was still laying on me. He sat up and looked me in the eyes. "Hey I'm sorry I yelled before" he said. I nodded and said its ok. I got up and went to the bathroom. I look in the mirror before crying a little. Why do I have to be so sensitive toward what people say to me. I cried for a little bit thinking why I couldn't have not said anything to him. "Y/n" Hayes knocked on the door. "I know your not ok. I know that ur crying." He said. I opened the door and Hayes came in and shut the door behind him. "Hey are you ok" he said looking me in the eyes. "I'm fine" I said trying to look down but he put his hands on my face so I couldn't."y/n, you were the girl in my dream." He said. I looked at him. " I have liked u since 6th grade. So I wanted to know if you would go out with me." He said. I never thought my best friend would like me. Of course I liked him back I mean come on look at him. He's cute, smart, sporty,and hot. "Of course I will Hayes I have liked you since 5th grade." I said smiling at him."Really?!? He said excitedly. "Yeah" I said back he smiled and picked me up and spun me around like they do in the movies. We spent the rest of the day together watching movies and playing video games.