The Lap Dance (47)

NOTE: For a better reading when I point out in the chapter listen to the song "Handcuffs by Prince Royce" ;)

-----

Candece Pov

I smiled looking into Karla's eyes that stared at me innocently. She was so naïve, even after so many years of learning Camila still had inside her the naivety that didn't match a so Machiavellian world. I could feel sorry for that, but I couldn't lose her. Not Camila, she was the source of power and desire of "Imperium". It was her body and her dance that attracted many gazes and people who had the ambition to possess her body. Like a perfectly polished diamond at the hands of God, or the devil because of such desire.

-I knew that you'd make the right decision, dear. - I spoke excitedly, making Camila smile.

-Your last request, right? After so much time helping me, I found myself being very unfair in not accepting.

-Of course, you are a wonderful girl, Karla. I'm very sad to know that you'll leave "Imperium". But I know that you want other paths for your life.

Camila smiled sweetly, sitting on the soft couch, where I quickly sat down as well.

-Yes, I have many plans. But know that I'm extremely grateful for everything you did for me, Candece.

-I know, my little angel. Don't worry about it. I want you to know that the doors of "Imperium" will always be open to you.

-You are a wonderful woman. You helped me so much.

-I couldn't do less, I saw that you needed me that day, Camila.

We looked at each other for a few seconds and then I pulled her into a calm hug. The girl sighed heavily and hugged me back.

-Well, dear, it's already pretty late. I'm going, I'll call you tomorrow to inform the day of your show.

Camila stood up and nodded as she walked towards the front door. Gently she opened the door, we exchanged another little hug and a simple good night, and then I left.

I dialed Alexa's number as soon as I entered my car and left Camila's building. It didn't take long for the woman to pick up:

-I'm going to your house, I have news.

-Can I at least know what's it about? - she asked curiously.

-Our victory is near. Open up a bottle of champagne, I want to celebrate with you.

-With pleasure. - those were her words before hanging up.

-----

-Are you serious? - Alexa asked with a broad smile.

-Yes! She fell for it like a sucker. You should've seen how she's grateful to me.

-Oh God, that's wonderful! - she exclaimed excitedly picking up the two glasses - We must toast to that.

I opened a smile to the woman who had bright eyes of how happy she was. Alexa extended me a glass with the expensive champagne that she had bought specially for that occasion.

-A toast to our victory. - she said raising the glass up high.

-A toast. - I spoke making the same movement as her.

I drank all the liquid from my glass, to then place it on the table.

-We have to remain calm. I'll call her tomorrow and inform the day of the performance. When that day comes, you'll find a way to meet Lauren and take her to "Imperium".