First Day (5)

Lauren's POV

The first day was always the most calm, only presentations and meetings. Richard, who used to be the director, was leaving too quickly, not giving me enough time to see how everything was going. Earlier today he introduced me to the woman who would help me with this hard task. Camila Cabello. Despite her evident nervousness, she seemed to be someone competent and hardworking; from Richard's recommendations, Camila was on top of every detail of the company, like a good secretary or right arm. Besides being an extremely attractive woman, Ms. Cabello, like I called her, was a beautiful brunette with Latin features; her thin face was beautifully carved, her nose was small and her mouth fleshy, and I could notice that her eyes were brown. She was wearing a tight and modeled turquoise dress, highlighting her beautiful curves. Her hair was dark, straight, mid-back length, and it was partially tied by a delicate bow in the back. Her gaze was fearful, and somewhat scared of me. Do I really scare her that much? What does she know about me? Jesus! I was as gentle as possible, which wasn't in my nature, but the scared young lady deserved kindness since she would practically be my companion there. I explained to her the way I liked to work, and everything that I would need on my day-to-day. Camila seemed to understand everything perfectly well, she wrote down some things in her small blue notepad and then she left.

For the rest of the day I studied some reports left in my office, and from what I've seen, everything's going well in here. But needed improvement, I thought. Even though I was trying to focus on those papers, something, or rather, someone, was distracting me. Since last night, the dancer hasn't left my head not even for a minute, the image of her dancing so sensually was imprinted in my thoughts. Dammit, Lauren! How could I let a woman, who I didn't even exchange a word with, invade my mind so quickly? I shook my head, trying to push away the image of that brunette swaying her hips in a sexy way for me, that's right, for me. But it was impossible, I needed to see her again. At the end of her show I felt somewhat frustrated and happy because she didn't receive customers, if she didn't receive anyone who offered her money, she had a good character, and that was when I felt even more desire to see her, but my desire was turned down.

"Ms. Jauregui?" I heard someone call me, taking Karla off my thoughts. Camila entered the office shyly. "I brought the coffee that you asked for, it's quite hot." She said, placing it next to me.

"Thank you, Ms. Cabello. Do you know if Richard is in the company?"

She walked to the front of my desk, with the little tray in her hands.

"He already left, ma'am, most already did."

I looked at her, somewhat confused, everyone was leaving already? What time was it? I grabbed my phone looking at the screen, and it was past 08:00PM.

"Oh my God! It's already past eight, what are you still doing here, Cabello?"

"Well, ma'am, I was finishing the reports you asked me to."

"Leave them for tomorrow, you can go home, sometimes I forget the time. I'd ask that you help me with that too, or you'll be working all night."

Camila nodded quietly, and I stared at the woman standing in front of me, analyzing her surreptitiously. Something about her was familiar, I just didn't know what. Maybe I was going crazy, I was so focused on the dancer that I saw her in every woman that I found attractive. The girl was somewhat uncomfortable under my gaze, so I quickly stopped.

"Can I leave?"

"Of course, see you tomorrow, Cabello."

"Good Night, Ms. Jauregui."

"Good Night."

I stayed for another hour in the office, battling with myself, whether I should go or not to that club. I couldn't let anyone see me there, what would they say? But the desire to see her again was rampant, Karla affected me in such a way that the only thing I could think about was of having her to myself. I thought about calling Vero and tell her to meet me at 'Imperium' again, but maybe I should go alone.