Chapter 22 ( Kelly's POV)

"Thank you for everything." Emily whispered before the light in her eyes died and then she was gone.

"No no no. Please let her be alive." I wailed in denial.

"My daughter. My poor poor daughter. He killed her Kelly. He killed her and Argus. I am going to kill him too. I will kill him now. Let me take control." Alison snarled.

"No Alison. He cannot be killed. We both know that. But we will make him suffer. For an eternity."

I laid down Emily's body gently on the ground beside her sword and walked over to where the Devil lay on the ground, unconscious and bleeding from where Emily's sword had pierced him. Of course he didn't die from a sword through his heart but it had weakened him considerably. Using my powers, I lifted him from the ground effortlessly and chained him to the wall. There was no need to Heal him, he deserved to suffer from the pain of that wound forever. Just as I was about to turn away Alison took control of her body pushing me to the back of her mind. Before I could stop her, she started shooting fireballs and lightning bolts at him. He woke up screaming with pain.

"Alison stop. He can't hurt us now. He is too weak to even escape those chains." I screamed at her.

But she was beyond control. The centuries of pain and suffering she had borne and the deaths of Argus and Emily had unleashed her dark side. She wanted Darius to suffer as she had. She wanted to see him scream in pain and beg for mercy. And most of all she wanted to break him for breaking her heart. Underneath all the hate and disgust, she had actually loved Darius with her whole heart and he had betrayed her in every way possible. She was sobbing and screaming in rage as she continued to torture him.

"I hate you Darius. I hate you. I loved you once and you broke me. Now I will break you. Beg! Beg for my mercy and ask for my forgiveness. Only then I will stop. Beg!" She screamed like a madwoman.

"I will not give you that satisfaction." He grunted in pain.

Enraged, Alison started drawing in more and more power. The Souls in the Vault got extinguished into oblivion because they didn't have anymore power left. But still Alison didn't stop. She continued to draw power from the realm itself, from the land we were standing on and the spells enclosing the place. I could feel myself being swept away in the tides of power of such enormous magnitude. Desperately, I tried to hold on to Alison's mind. I knew that if I let go now, I would be lost into oblivion like the other souls. But the onslaught was terrifying. I was slipping away slowly. Accepting that this was the end, I decided to let go.

"Please make sure Jared and the rest are okay." I whispered to her and let go of my tenuous hold.

Instead of disappearing into oblivion, the waves of power stopped.

"Kelly! Kelly! I am so sorry. Are you okay?" Alison asked me hysterically.

"I am fine. But you aren't Alison. You lost all control."

"I know. I don't know what came over me. Help me. I don't know what to do with all this power." She replied sounding scared now.

She turned to look at Darius. He was badly burnt and bleeding and had lost unconsciousness again.

"Let's leave him here and seal the Vault with spells so that he never escapes." I told her.

Lifting Emily's body and her sword into air, she walked out of the Vault. Closing the doors shut, she started chanting a spell.

"Blood of the daughter spilt in battle,

Fire of the souls trapped since centuries,

Will of the Guardian who deserves honour,