Chapter 4

When I opened my eyes I saw that I was in the school nurse's office. I heard someone whispering nearby. Turning my head I saw Jared talking to Paula with a worried expression on his face. He saw me looking at him and immediately rushed over.
" Thank God you woke up! You scared me back there! What happened? Why did you faint? Are you okay now?" he blabbered smothering me with a hug which I did not return. It took him a moment to realize that I didn't respond. He stepped back and turned away to hide his pained expression.

Paula gave us a curious look. " I'll let you both talk alone." she said and walked out.

"What happened Kelly?" Jared whispered still not looking at me. "Did I do something wrong? I love you Kelly. If I made a mistake tell me and I'll make up for it."

"I don't know Jared. I know I used to love you but now I don't. In fact I don't even think I know what love is anymore. This morning I woke up feeling different. I don't know why but somehow things changed since last night. I have changed. Love friendship happiness and stuff like that I don't know what they are anymore. Just leave me alone and move on Jared. I can't return your feelings anymore." I said tonelessly.

A multitude of emotions crossed his face as I spoke. I could recognize them all. Pain. Anger. Love. And finally his face went blank. Strangely enough I couldn't even feel sorry for him.

"If that's what you think is best I'll do it." he said in a cold voice which hid his anger and walked out. I climbed out of the bed just as the nurse entered. She ushered me back into bed and gave me a few medicines to eat. After I ate them she let me go.

I decided to skip the remaining classes and walk all the way home.I needed sometime to think about this strangely familiar new girl. There was something about her I couldn't put my finger on. I couldn't shake off the notion that my fainting spell had something to do with her. Hell no! I was sure my fainting spell had something to do with her. Emily Parker. You'd better watch out.