Fallon laughed. “Sounds like Simeon.”         

“Yeah, he can be pretty convincing,” Lucian agreed and stopped walking to pull Fallon against him.       

“Okay, if you guys are going to make out, I can’t watch,” Griffin said and continued down the hall.

Fallon smiled up at Lucian as he slipped his arms around her waist. “What’s on your mind, Sin?”             

“This,” he murmured. 

I’d sell my soul to the devil to do this forever, Fallon thought as he leaned down to kiss her.

For the first time in two weeks, Fallon joined her friends for lunch at their usual picnic tables. When she and Lucian strolled up hand in hand, everyone broke into excited chatter.

Daphne jumped to her feet and ran toward him. “I knew it was true,” she said but stopped short of flinging herself into his arms when she saw the way his dark eyes burned. “What’s wrong? You just got back and you’re already mad at me?”

“Did you expect me to be happy to find out you accused Fallon and Griffin of getting rid of me so they could be together?” 

Daphne dropped her eyes. “I, um… ”

“Look, dude, I’m just gonna say what no one else has the balls to say,” Seth tried to come to Daphne’s rescue.

“What’s that?” Lucian asked.

“You didn’t see them together. They were together all the time at school, and they even hung out together after school without the rest of us.”

“Your concern is touching, but I have to wonder what the reason is.”

Seth frowned at him. “What?”

“Are you sure you were worried about me and not yourself? Let me see if I have this right. You think Fallon’s ass is even better now that she lost weight right? I’m sure we all know what you’re really saying.”

“Lucian, I  ”

Lucian didn’t let Seth finish. “I know. You thought I was gone for good and, Miles, you want to see her naked now more than ever right?”

Fallon’s face burned with the heat of her embarrassment, but she stayed quiet at Lucian’s side.

“So, like I said, I wonder who you were more worried about. Was it me or was it yourself and the chance you thought you were missing to nail my soul mate?”

“Dude, it wasn’t like that,” Seth insisted.

“I’m sure it wasn’t,” Lucian said. “It seems in my absence all of you forgot the way things work around here and who really has the power so I’ll tell you what. Fallon and I won’t be joining you today. We’ll give you the chance to sit here and speculate about things like how you can make this up to us. And while you do just remember there are things happening that none of you understand and don’t have the right to question.”

Everyone sat in complete silence as they turned to leave. Even as Fallon and Lucian walked away, the rest of the group remained frozen from their shock.

Lucian smiled. “That was fun.” 

“How come you did it?” 

“They deserved it for insulting my soul mate and my twin brother.”

When they reached the front of the school, he suddenly stopped walking.

“What?” Fallon asked when she noticed his expectant stare.